Notifications
Clear all

Face Still Red After Acne Gone

MemberMember
(@lucas98)

Posted : 06/13/2013 3:51 pm

I was prescribed an antibiotic (solodyn 80 mg) and epiduo/aczone. my acne finally cleared up so when a rub my hands on my face it is all smooth. But when I look in the mirror my face is still red from previous pimples. I use cerave am/pm moisturizers and I can't seem to get the redness to go away. Can someone help?

MemberMember
(@feelinsomerhythm)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:27 pm

It is quite common for red marks to be left over when acne has healed - normally these red marks can take a few months to a year to completely heal, though for some people it's a lot faster. I personally find my marks fade down significantly after about a month. I know that it's really frustrating that you've finally got rid of acne, only to be stuck with red marks lingering around for longer, but it will continuously get better just on its own!

MemberMember
(@lucas98)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:36 pm

are there any products that can help?

MemberMember
(@feelinsomerhythm)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:43 pm

Regular exfoliation will certainly help. My exfoliator of choice is the one made by Burts' Bees as I find that it's non-drying, does the job great and doesn't irritate the skin. However there are more common brands available too which may help and which others have used.

Tea tree oil washes are also very good, apparently, for helping with acne marks.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/13/2013 9:43 pm

AHA is good for clearing up red marks. Hydroquinone is good to but some research show it could cause cancer in the long run so I try to stay away from that.plus it's expensive. You just need to exfolate to speed it up. I use AHA for this. Dans AHA on Acne.org.

AHA is good for clearing up red marks. Hydroquinone is good to but some research show it could cause cancer in the long run so I try to stay away from that.plus it's expensive. You just need to exfolate to speed it up. I use AHA for this. Dans AHA on Acne.org.