Notifications
Clear all

Strange Swollen Areas

MemberMember
(@kzxy)

Posted : 04/13/2013 10:28 am

Hi everyone, I currently suffer from severe, acne. Meaning cysts, nodules and all that disgusting and painful crap.

However, over the past few weeks i've been getting an odd symptom.

Starting last Saturday the lower area of my right cheek near the bottom of the jaw became very swollen, it stayed swollen for about 2 days. The swollen area was hard and painful if i pushed it. However, the interesting thing was that the area that was swollen did NOT look red or inflamed. The skin looked normal but i could feel massive swelling beneath the skin.

After 2 days, the swelling went down and NO cyst formed, which was odd but i kinda knew one wouldn't form since my cysts were usually the result of an inflammation accompanied by redness.

So after the jaw swelling went down, the area immediately above the jaw began to swell, directly on the right cheek. It followed the same pattern as the swelling from my lower cheek area. After 2 days, the swelling went down and then again it started with the swelling being at the area between the nose and the right eye, above the swollen cheek area.

So while the area between the nose and right eye was swollen, last night i could feel an area NEXT to the corner of my mouth to the left side begin to become hard and swell.

Lord and behold, today i wake up and the area near the corner right of the my mouth is swollen. No skin redness, just swollen painful if pushed.

The swelling of this area is like the size of a Canadian 1 dollar coin.

Anyone know what is causing this?

Anyone know any treatments?

MemberMember
(@simonukox)

Posted : 04/13/2013 11:10 am

If it's coming and going that quickly with no inflammation it probably isn't Acne. Lots of conditions involve swelling, I would personally go and see a doctor for a more thorough diagnosis.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/13/2013 11:12 am

sounds almost like you're having an allergic reaction or have a ton of inflammation going on in your body. I haven't had cysts in a couple months after giving up all caffeine and taking grapeseed extract. What do you treat your skin with currently?

MemberMember
(@kzxy)

Posted : 04/13/2013 12:13 pm

Ever since the swelling started i stopped using all my topicals.

Before the swelling I used BP and Adalpene, i used these two for a long time, (around 1 year) so i dont think its the topicals...

It must be an allergic reaction....