Notifications
Clear all

Accidently Pressed Pus Back Into Skin?

MemberMember
(@donyyful)

Posted : 03/31/2013 6:22 pm

Hi guys,

Just an old follower of acne.org. I've never signed up on here earlier because I've always found fantastic advice from people. But I have an issue which I would like to ask everyone.

So I had a massive pustule on the side of my nose for about 2 weeks now. It developed a head very quickly and it was very big, filled with a lot of pus inside it. I didn't initially pop it before but instead placed sudocrem on top of it, and it popped itself. That was a week ago. The spot began to heal and flatten out, after day by day, I had to constantly keep draining the pus that kept gushing out when I washed my face. It stopped leaking yellowy liquid pus for a few days but now today the the spot became raised again and when i washed my face, the pus popped again, and I gently squeezed the contents out, not seeing any bleeding at all.

I placed a big blob of BP to dry it out and when I washed my face at night, lots and lots of pus was collected again at the surface of this pustule. I tried gently tugging my skin and pushing it VERY GENTLY, to see if it could pop itself, but instead my pus disappeared and it went back down into my skin? I couldn't see the whole load of pus anymore and my spot flattened itself again. It didn't pop at all. Did I just push all that gunk back down into my skin? The side of my face where that spot was started to hurt, as if I felt like all that stuff was spreading in my skin and I got very scared, so I steamed my face and did a Bentonite clay mask to try and drain it out. I'm going to try BPing it again tonight and hopefully it'll pop up again.

Am i going to get any scarring or am I going to get huge infection? I'm really scared...

Thanks for the help!

MemberMember
(@donyyful)

Posted : 03/31/2013 6:45 pm

Okay after my mask, a tiny abit of pus came out but no sign of where the huge amount went.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 03/31/2013 6:53 pm

Well you haven't made things better, but only time will tell. I'm sure things will come to a head tomorrow morning. You could try putting some ice on it (with some tissue between your skin and the ice, so as not to damage your skin) and leave it until its melted. This should help reduce the infection as it provides less of a breeding environment for bacteria.

MemberMember
(@donyyful)

Posted : 03/31/2013 7:00 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll ice it right now. I hope it doesn't scar but it looks like it will.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:33 am

No worries. Let us know how you get on.

MemberMember
(@donyyful)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:22 pm

Okay so I woke up today, and now still no sign of all that pus that disappeared and the spot still looks rather round and big, going to still try and bring this to a head if I can. I will update ! :)