Notifications
Clear all

Acne Returning

MemberMember
(@chatoyant)

Posted : 02/04/2013 4:40 am

Hey there! I'm sixteen years old but I have suffered from acne since I was ten or nine, so it's very hard for me to recall a time where I had bright, clear skin. Acne has caused me great emotional turmoil and my self-esteem has never really developed because of it.

Last year, however, my dermatologist prescribed 0.25% dosage of Retin-A and BP + Clindamycin and the results were astonishing on my moderately severe acne. In just two months, my skin went from pustules, small cysts, and many whiteheads to 100% clear, glowing skin. My self-esteem developed by tons, and I was the one of the most confident students in my high school. But I always felt that segment in my life wouldn't last for long.

During April of last year, I got my first pimple. It was pustule, small and a bit inflamed, but I didn't fret too much over it. Then it soon disappeared and I had clear skin again, but as the months progressed my skin began to turn unpredictable. Now at times I have clear skin (though not as clear as when I initially began the treatment) or skin with a few pimples, but very large and deep ones. Oddly, they tend to be around the same areas on my face and everything else is really clear; they tend to be at the top edge of my face, below my forehead.

Furthermore, I've noticed my acne tends to react to the seasons, as the worsening period of my skin begins during April (spring time), worsens the most during summer, and becomes the best during fall, and then turns somewhat manageable in winter.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a cure or treatment here on acne.org, especially holistic and natural treatments as I want to go down that route, deeming it as safer. I'm really scared of Accutane, though I've considered it a few times, and if I'm desperate and nothing else has worked, I'm willing to pop in the pills.

So yeah...

I hope you all get nice and beautiful skin one day. I don't really have much else to say! = )

MemberMember
(@pr1nc355)

Posted : 02/10/2013 6:11 pm

I hope it gets better soon. Maybe you touch your forehead where you get the recurring acne? Good luck. :)

MemberMember
(@chatoyant)

Posted : 02/11/2013 2:57 am

I hope it gets better soon. Maybe you touch your forehead where you get the recurring acne? Good luck. smile.png

Thank you!

My forehead is very clear but right below it is where I tend to get pimples, only on the right side of my face though. I've got red scars left from previous pimples mostly on the left side of my face, but the left side has been pretty clear for awhile (no major breakouts) but my right side is where my acne is now active

Anyway, good luck to you if you've got any skin issues as well ! =)