Notifications
Clear all

Help Define What I Have?! Acne Marks, Scarring?

MemberMember
(@wasawawa)

Posted : 02/04/2013 1:59 am

Hey what's up guys! Sort of new to acne.org, just want to know what I should do for my face. I used to have pretty terrible acne and I have been on retin-a and other stuff my dermatologist prescribed to me for a little over 2 months. I'm sort of confused as to what direction I go with my acne now. Help me out!

MemberMember
(@purplepinyata11)

Posted : 02/04/2013 8:58 pm

It looks like you have a few acne scars (not severe) with some hyperpigmentation (the red spots). Hyperpigmentation usually goes away in about 6 months (i know, its a long time). That is why you cannot let any more acne come. Your skill won't be able to catch up with you. Ive found that not eating dairy and super sugary foods is a great way to resolve this, along with acne.org's regimen. Also DO NOT PICK, SCRATCH, SQUEEZE, OR POP PIMPLES! I dont care what you think, it leaves hyperpigmentation and even scars sometimes.

MemberMember
(@wasawawa)

Posted : 03/13/2013 6:13 pm

Thank you for responding. I think my scars are more visible in person. The picture doesn't do it much justice. I think I'm going to see a dermatologist about scar treatments. You have any advice? I'm talking about laser or surger, etc... As I have been on retin for near 3 months.