Notifications
Clear all

Hello From The Uk 🙂

MemberMember
(@gilpy25)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:29 pm

Hello :) 25 yr old Female from UK here. Been on Oral antibiotics for about 7 months and Differin for 9 weeks. So far I am week 8 in to my IB... Yep 8 weeks of a Baaad baaaad IB from Differin. Hopefully things will get better.... :) x

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:32 pm

Welcome! Good luck with the treatment:)

MemberMember
(@gilpy25)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:38 pm

Thank you :) I am keeping my fingers crossed...

MemberMember
(@gecko333)

Posted : 12/04/2012 4:01 pm

Hello smile.png 25 yr old Female from UK here. Been on Oral antibiotics for about 7 months and Differin for 9 weeks. So far I am week 8 in to my IB... Yep 8 weeks of a Baaad baaaad IB from Differin. Hopefully things will get better.... smile.png x

Oral Antibiotics for 7 months?! That's a very long time to be on them! Have you not had any stomach problems? Differin does give an awful breakout but lots of people really clear up after 8 weeks so I really hope it works for you 🙂

I was on Antibiotics and Differin before Accutane so if I can help you with anything, I'd be more than happy to. And it's always nice to have more UK users on here :)!

x

MemberMember
(@gilpy25)

Posted : 12/05/2012 7:31 am

I did worry my GP was making a mistake putting me on erythromycin for this length of time. When I finally got referred to the dermatologist I thought he would take me off them but he said I needed them to help with the IB? I don't actually think the antibiotics are doing abu good though. I don't have any stomach problems (yet) but my other worry is that I'm allergic to penacillin so this is the main antibiotic I need if I ever fall ill... Going to ask the dermatologist at my next appointment (January). I'm guessing you didn't have success with differin? Has accutane helped you ? Thanks