Notifications
Clear all

I Need Someone..anyone

MemberMember
(@pwillis52)

Posted : 11/19/2012 9:28 pm

Hello, my name is Lamar Im 17 years old and depressed. Ive had acne for about the last two years and nothing has worked. Ive had to go to dances with my ugly red afce and its just embarassing. I have moderate acne, its just a bunch of red papules on my cheeks and forehead with no real whiteheads.

Ive tried everything at walgreens and nothing. Ive tried drinking like twenty bottles of water a day and nothing. A momth and a half ago I saw a derm and she started me on doxcycline and prednisone but the doxcycline never did anything so two weeks later I went on bactrim. i had a reaction to bactrim so now Im on cipro and throughout the month and a half Ive still been on the prednisone. I really havemt seen any improvement. Ive been on cipro for a bout 5 days now.

I also bought a obagi cleanser 5 days ago and my doctor gave me clindamycin topical solution. So as of now I have Cipro, Predisone, Obagi cleanser, and the Clindamycin. So I guess my questions are: Do I use all four? What can I expect? Is there hope? I really just want this to go away so please help. Thank you if youve read this.

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 11/22/2012 6:53 pm

2 weeks on Doxy isn't long enough mate, you need to give it time. Give it patience, acne takes time to get rid of, it's not gonna go over-night.

Try not to let it get you down, you can still live your life, just don't care what others think mate, i was in your position as well. You just have to accept your self, if you can do that, then you can be happy. Just give it a go, just embrace it and you will enjoy life a lot more. I know how you feel though, but when i just forgot about it and got on with life, laughed it off and got on with my friends, life was better and I never felt better. Hope we can talk some more, always here, William.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 7:01 pm

I don't have any useful advice about the treatments you're looking at, but I wanted to hop in here and let you know your among friends. Glad to have you here.

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/22/2012 7:30 pm

Sadly everything takes time to work :( and most of us have had acne for 2+ years so don't feel alone, it takes a while to find what works for hou. There are lots of antibiotics, but if your acne is really bad, try accutane.