Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Out In Deep Acne From Salicylic Acid?

MemberMember
(@green-tea-2)

Posted : 10/23/2012 5:38 pm

Hi everybody!

I have started using 5% salicylic acid last week to clean up some closed comedones and since then have gotten 5 (five!!!) deep inflammations near my mouth. They are very deep red bumps that hurt a lot and are not likely to come to a head. I have not changed my regimen, the except that I have missed 2-3 days of taking Candex, anti-candida supplement. So far used ice and obscene amounts of 5% BP + antibiotic and managed to dissolve one. Hope it is not too late for the other.

I am at loss what might have caused them. This does not seem like a normal purging breakout, because inflammation are very deep. I have a date soon and this crap does not make my life any easier.

Is stronger salicylic acid the cause? If yes, should I go through with it or rather stop it? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/23/2012 6:45 pm

i used a new cleanser with salicylic acid in it and it caused me to get perioral dermatitis. it was odd i used it for about 2 weeks before i started peeling and then getting bumps every single day. maybe you are having a reaction to it or something.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/23/2012 7:08 pm

i used a salycic acid wash for 5-6 weeks. Caused scars on my face.

I would stop using it