Notifications
Clear all

Is Your Acne Worse In Winter Or Summer?

MemberMember
(@spleenpoetry)

Posted : 08/15/2012 7:39 am

Is your acne worse in winter or summer? I've got quite clear skin now finally, but I'm afraid when winter comes and my skin will get more dry, I'll get more breakouts again

do you notice a difference?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/15/2012 7:49 am

My acne doesn't change with the seasons. I sorta wish it did though - it'd be nice to know that once whichever season came around I'd be a little clearer :P

MemberMember
(@koalaa)

Posted : 08/15/2012 9:41 am

I don't really notice a big difference when the seasons change but my skin is not as oily in winter. That is probably reasonable though.

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 08/18/2012 3:01 am

My acne gets worse in the winter; I think it's because the cold makes my face dry and irritated

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/20/2012 9:03 am

Mine is definitely worse in the summer. I get really clear when the weather is cold due to my acne mainly being caused by oiliness, in hot weather I can actually feel pimples forming.

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 08/20/2012 10:06 am

Mine is definitely worse in the summer. I get really clear when the weather is cold due to my acne mainly being caused by oiliness, in hot weather I can actually feel pimples forming.

Same for me I think.....I got confused when the people about said winter. I assumed everyones is worse in the summer

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/17/2013 2:35 pm

There's a reduction in ceramides in the winter time. And one of the things they do is regulate cell differentiation, proliferation and desquammation. That means they are involved in the way skin cells are supposed to be produced and then shed freely without clogging pores. Acne prone skin has been found to be lower in ceramides. Topical live culture yogurt has been found to boost ceramides in skin. http://dietforclearskin.blogspot.com/2013/01/apply-yogurt-to-winterize-skin.html