Notifications
Clear all

Serious Mass Weight Gainer

MemberMember
(@mcc0y)

Posted : 07/13/2012 12:19 pm

I've wondered why I keep getting consistent acne, when im so clean, I dont overwash, eat very well and I am beyond teenage years.

Then I was thinking about the weight gainer I take, Serious Mass. I take bodybuilding serious so I use this to get lots of calories.

Ive been looking at the ingredients and it seems to have lots of sugars and simple carbs..... I take this 3 times a day, every day.

Could this be the reason for my acne, in an other wise flawless diet?

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 07/13/2012 12:32 pm

Whey protein is milk based, so that could be the cause of your acne.

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 07/13/2012 1:46 pm

huhu 3 times a day? the answers is YES it is causing your acne. The same happened to me, i started taking those shit and my acne problems showed up, its because its spiking your insulin levels, thats why it is causing acne plus it comes from milk, etc

MemberMember
(@mcc0y)

Posted : 07/13/2012 2:27 pm

huhu 3 times a day? the answers is YES it is causing your acne. The same happened to me, i started taking those shit and my acne problems showed up, its because its spiking your insulin levels, thats why it is causing acne plus it comes from milk, etc

Im no longer taking it... but I ordered 100% gold standard whey... It sounds like that will equally cause me to get acne. It has less sugars and simple carbs etc, so it should be hopefully a lot better right?

I also take all my shakes with milk for the calories.... I guess I will start using just water instead.

MemberMember
(@acgirl)

Posted : 11/30/2018 2:19 am

Ooh yesss I had a huge break out both on my face and in my back. If your bothered by ance stay away from serious mass protein powder

MemberMember
(@gettablegrate)

Posted : 11/30/2018 3:04 am

Whey protein and milk products are known to cause acne. You can switch to non dairy protein powders such as pea or hemp protein.