Notifications
Clear all

Marijuana

MemberMember
(@black13)

Posted : 11/03/2010 4:57 pm

not in a million years bro i wouldnt be as laid back and open minded if i didnt burn everyday and im a mixed martial artist i notice it doesnt effect health at all for me. it makes you sleepy,happy, and hungry thats all. drinking to me is 10 times worse dont know why its even legal and weed isnt.

MemberMember
(@binbanned5times)

Posted : 11/03/2010 7:32 pm

wow.. just realized I can't talk freely on this thread, this is one of the reasons I got banned. LMAO. pheww that was close..

but let me just say this: Marijuana ain't gona kill no body dawg.

MemberMember
(@chikorita)

Posted : 11/04/2010 5:14 am

it doesn't help my acne, but it does help me not give a fuck

so yes, hail the green!

MemberMember
(@gdp024)

Posted : 01/15/2011 5:01 pm

I always pondered on the effects of marijuana on acne... For most people, I guess it's fine considering the number of people without acne who smoke... But for me... I started smoking in 12th grade... I smoked on a daily basis.. I didn't have bad acne before smoking.. I did have very minimal acne but nothing that got my attention.. After smoking daily for a few months, I did notice my skin getting worse and worse.. When I smoke, my face would get a little red. If I am smoking with BP on my face, the zits just puss up and the results are treacherous... Anyways, after a year, I stopped smoking for about 2 months... I have not seen any impressive results... I think there needs to be research on marijuana and acne... I am not condoning the use of drugs or whatever.. I am only contributing to the concerns of acne causes.

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 01/16/2011 12:27 am

There might not be too many physiological side effects that can be noted from marijuana, depending on the form of use, but it does alter your hormones and psyche, which can have some effect on the skin. I remember reading in some book back in high school that if you use it a lot (daily) for an extended period of time during adolescence, then your body becomes dependent on the marijuana for the hormones that it alters, and the body becomes less efficient at producing it's own hormones (that marijuana affects, I can't remember which ones at the moment.)

Then again, I've known people that've been smoking for years and their skin looks better than mine, so it all depends on the person I suppose

MemberMember
(@omegaisjaded)

Posted : 01/16/2011 12:37 am

You can grow to be an open minded person without the use of drugs. You can be happy and fulfilled without the usage of drugs. Crediting a substance such as weed with your success certainly says something about your character,and it's not positive.

There have been studies that long-term use ties in with mental issues. Inhaling smoke in general is bad for your body.The only way to smoke weed without the use of smoke is to eat it or use a vaporization technique.

More importantly, weed is illegal..whether it's a good law or not doesn't matter. Weed isn't some super awesome thing that you need to break the law for. It's not worth it AT ALL.

MemberMember
(@gdp024)

Posted : 01/17/2011 3:40 pm

You can grow to be an open minded person without the use of drugs. You can be happy and fulfilled without the usage of drugs. Crediting a substance such as weed with your success certainly says something about your character,and it's not positive.

There have been studies that long-term use ties in with mental issues. Inhaling smoke in general is bad for your body.The only way to smoke weed without the use of smoke is to eat it or use a vaporization technique.

More importantly, weed is illegal..whether it's a good law or not doesn't matter. Weed isn't some super awesome thing that you need to break the law for. It's not worth it AT ALL.

Whoever said you need drugs to be open minded?? And please, do not demean drugs such as marijuana. You have no clue what marijuana can do. If you want to be a conservative and continue following conventional "rules", go ahead. But don't degrade something that is highly misunderstood.

MemberMember
(@omegaisjaded)

Posted : 01/17/2011 4:56 pm

Whoever said you need drugs to be open minded?? And please, do not demean drugs such as marijuana. You have no clue what marijuana can do. If you want to be a conservative and continue following conventional "rules", go ahead. But don't degrade something that is highly misunderstood.

It's not misunderstood.I'm pretty sure everyone has smoked pot at one time or another.So everyone saying things AGAINST Marijuana most likely has experience to back up their argument.There's also valid studies on it.

My post was aimed at "eazy" originally.

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 01/18/2011 4:43 pm

So what can it do according to it?

MemberMember
(@gdp024)

Posted : 01/18/2011 7:17 pm

So what can it do according to it?

What can it do? wow. I can make a list... But let me just give a few. Ever heard of MEDICINAL marijuana? Yea. Research shows that it has health benefits for those suffering from alzheimers, glaucoma, migraines, arthritis, crhons, MS, and more...let me say that there have been no overdose on marijuana.. it's impossible.. give a man some marijuana and then give another man alcohol.. compare their behavior. and question why the hell alcohol remains legal while marijuana doesn't.. there's very little evidence to suggest that marijuana is a significant health risk.. most of all, it's natural... a lot of people don't take nature seriously. but if you'd rather take some synthetic/chemical pills for those migraines, go ahead bud.

And to the lady who said that most people don't like marijuana after trying it... haha. that is ABSURD. you certainly don't like it because it's probably too intense of an experience for you.. But as far I know, marijuana is a great experience for open minded individuals who just need to kick-back once in a while.. Ofcourse daily consumption leads to laziness and unproductiveness... But from my experience, smoking marijuana in moderation can lead to great insight.. it's not a BAD thing to relax and smoke a little and laugh a while... just because someone tells you something is wrong and bad, doesn't mean they're right. and ofcourse some people don't respond positively to marijuana but that doesn't mean they should demoralize it and ruin the fun for those who benefit from it..

MemberMember
(@20andoverit)

Posted : 01/18/2011 7:40 pm

Ive had moderate acne for 4 years. Severe at one point...im almost 21. Ive been on accutane once. Cleared it then it came back mild. I have about 5-6 pimples on my face all the time. I have tried literally everything. Not just everything over the counter. Everything money can buy and doctors can give you. Ive smoked in the past here and there, but recently I started smoking a lot more...and my acne is dissapearing. When I smoke, Im clear...when I dont, i break out.

Then I did some research and found this article: [Removed]

I also found people with the same odd success.

Now Im definitely not saying go get loaded and be acne free...but I'd just thought I'd post something about it.

Anybody have this happen to them?

MemberMember
(@kyle-1)

Posted : 01/18/2011 9:00 pm

Everyones body is different, but at the end of the day, weed still has a NEGATIVE impact on the human body in multiple ways.

MemberMember
(@gators_fan)

Posted : 02/05/2011 12:19 am

I've smoked weed almost every day for the last 3 years. There is no need to argue about whether it's bad for you or not, that's for the politicians and activists to debate. I began to wonder what was causing my acne considering I only started breaking out when I turned 18.

I know that weed could have some effect on acne because of the "munchies" it gives you, making you eat alot, and over eating, or just eating junk food won't help your skin. Marijuana has some effect on hormones, so I have decided to quit smoking weed. I will let you guys know if I have any notable results after a few weeks.

Of course it's hard to tell what is causing/helping acne because its so cyclical.

MemberMember
(@hans83)

Posted : 02/19/2011 4:29 am

I started getting acne at the beginning of high school. I started smoking wheeed senior year and continued to smoke throughout college (a total of ~5 years). My acne never went away in college and I always wondered if marijuana was a factor, but I was having too much fun smoking with friends etc so I didn't stop. Now, post-college (for about 2 years) I only smoke once every few months or so and my acne is pretty much the same as it has been since high school.

So, for me personally it doesn't seem to have impacted my skin all that much. Maybe once in a while when I smoked I'd get anxiety and that could cause a flare up but on a day to day basis no.

MemberMember
(@powderedpeach)

Posted : 03/26/2011 7:12 pm

The scientific evidence supports the presence of a correlation between marijuana and oily skin. The reason is because smoking marijuana has a slight impact on insulin levels...so basically getting the munchies is a sign that your blood sugar is unstable. Whether this causes you to actually get acne is a different story. In certain individuals, quitting may help about as much as adopting a low glycemic diet.

MemberMember
(@acneslayer)

Posted : 03/26/2011 8:57 pm

It will make your fitness worse and if you continue it can mess with your mental health.

There's no scientific evidence supporting that. Please don't make statements as truth when they aren't proven or even haven't really been studied yet.

It won't help anyone.

Thank you. :)

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 03/27/2011 3:51 am

hasnt chronic marijuana use been proven to actually improve long term memory?

@powdered I think that getting the munchies is no where near as bad as actually listening to them and eating a lot of crap xD

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 03/27/2011 6:36 am

It will make your fitness worse and if you continue it can mess with your mental health.

There's no scientific evidence supporting that. Please don't make statements as truth when they aren't proven or even haven't really been studied yet.

It won't help anyone.

Incorrect.

The impact of cannabis use on mental health has been studied extensively for years,

and cannabis use is now considered a risk factor for developing psychotic conditions including schizophrenia.

See here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15871146

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17662880

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14754822

MemberMember
(@acneslayer)

Posted : 03/27/2011 3:47 pm

It won't help anyone.

Incorrect.

The impact of cannabis use on mental health has been studied extensively for years,

and cannabis use is now an established risk factor for developing psychotic conditions including schizophrenia.

See here:

Yes, I was already aware of these. However, the people who developed psychosis or schizophrenia were already at risk for developing these disorders.

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 03/27/2011 4:09 pm

... acneslayer. You dont know if you are at risk for such a disorder. A significant increase is an increase.

But compared to all other drugs this effect is nothing.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 03/27/2011 4:12 pm

It won't help anyone.

Incorrect.

and cannabis use is now an established risk factor for developing psychotic conditions including schizophrenia.

See here:

Yes, I was already aware of these. However, the people who developed psychosis or schizophrenia were already at risk for developing these disorders.

Please read the studies very carefully.

MemberMember
(@acneslayer)

Posted : 03/27/2011 4:22 pm

It won't help anyone.

Incorrect.

See here:

Please read the studies very carefully.

Okay. I surrender.

MemberMember
(@vas_chic619yahoo-com)

Posted : 03/27/2011 4:56 pm

mj for acne will probably completely depend on the person and their genes and biology.

mj and its affects on health...yes there are health effects. now...lemme just say first...i am a psych major and have studied effects of drugs on the brain, also i live in the state of CA where most ppl either smoke weed and there are many smoke shops/medicinal mj etc. is there medicinal purposes with mj?yes. the studies of thc on the receptors it affects in the brain show it affects pain signals, which is useful for someone with a disease with chronic pain, such as cancer, etc. it also helps to reverse the action of throwing up. for example, a cancer patient who is going thru chemo will tend to throw up a lot bc of the chemical concoction of drugs they are taking, this is bad for the needed nutrients their body needs. smoking mj will help to keep in the food they eat, and throw up less. the mj is affecting the part of the brain (in the brain stem) that in responsible for reactions such as throwing up.

does mj have bad health effects?yes. many people say its natural...so is tobacco. many moons ago people would smoke tobacco (alone) in a pipe, was it still bad for them? yes. nicotine in tobacco , thc in mj, and other chemicals in natural drugs (there are many other drugs that come from a plant) ..these main chemicals in the plants serve as natural pesticides to kill off bugs. from an evolutionary perspective this is awesome bc the plants found a defense mechanism to thrive and kill off bugs with the chemical. thc is not the only chemical you are smoking when u smoke tho..and smoking ANYTHING is bad for the lungs and brain. even if u were just smoking paper. any inhale of whatever u are smoking cuts off oxygen every time to the brain (for that second it takes u to inhale and exhale). continuing to do this is not goo for the neurons. its also not good for the lungs, and the smoke does affect the lungs. if u smoke all the time and have smokers cough or spit...ur lungs arent doin to well=P also thc affects cannibinoid receptors in the brain, these receptors have been found in abundance in the hippocampus, which is a VERY important part of the brain for forming memories. does mj make u not remember anything?NO. but it does make it harder to retain and learn new info/anf affects ur ability to remember certain things (when ur are smoking a lot). mj also has affects on mood/behavior, etc, thats already known.

some people can smoke mj and be as normal as they always are, and continue to be motivated and everything, great. others...become the typical "stoner". they live to get high. i know people from either category.

my personal take on it..i dont smoke. have i?yes. but i decided not to make that a habit. i also decided to study the brain, and realized how amazing the brain is .....ABSOLUTELY amazing.......without any drugs at all. there are pros and cons about mj. i personally have a sister who is 19 years old...doesnt know a single thing about working hard for ur own money...doesnt find knowledge and learning amazing...has no motivation and her reason for not getting a job is bc she is "going to get drug tested and she isnt gona stop smokin". she lives for smoking weed. she is also at the point of getting kicked out of the house by my mom=P bc she is doing nothing with her life but sitting there smoking weed. from my personal expereince i can not stand people like that.

im not judging anyone tho, whoever wants to smoke...do what u want! also...again...it affects acne for diff people differently. sorry for such a long thing im just real big on how drugs affect the precious brain and i get interested in discussing it haha.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 03/27/2011 8:08 pm

Keep in mind, please, that these threads need to be kept acne-specific in order to be kept open. This site isn't the place to debate the pros and cons of marijuana in general.

No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.
MemberMember
(@gators_fan)

Posted : 03/27/2011 10:29 pm

As stated before, I believe the biggest issue with smoking marijuana and acne is the urge to snack hard. It's proven that over eating, especially in one sitting is bad for digestion resulting in acne. Usually when you're high you snack on junk food, and lots of it.

I'm not sure about any hormone/testosterone altering effects of Marijuana that would affect acne, but it's not out of the question. If you do smoke, the best thing to do (and the hardest), is to make sure you don't pig out. Even if you still feel hungry, lay off the food.