Notifications
Clear all

Cystic acne and flesh coming out of skin

MemberMember
(@keithwmr)

Posted : 03/22/2009 1:16 am

I'm almost done with my 3rd month on Accutane but I'm still breaking out with cystic acne.

Has anyone ever had a cystic acne bump open up and the cyst tissue/flesh comes out? Mine do that a lot and the flesh will just stay for days or weeks. Does anyone deal with this too? Is so, have you found any solutions for it? I'd really appreciate your help because it's been really rough because my shirt will rub them because they are the back of my neck.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@nomoreacne1974)

Posted : 03/22/2009 1:51 am

The symptom that you are experiencing is normal while taking Accutane, since it is a keratolytic agent. Do not scrub; just let them peel off naturally. An oil-free moisturizer should alleviate the irritation.

MemberMember
(@keithwmr)

Posted : 03/22/2009 7:44 am

Does anyone know how to increase the healing or make the flesh go back in?

MemberMember
(@landon_22)

Posted : 06/10/2019 11:52 pm

I have this horrible issue were I have a fairly large pimple on my arm out.It is so painful and causes serious pain but the pimple has literal flesh and tissue or something similar coming out.It is constantly bleeding and STINGING.When it touches any other skin it stings so bad.I have tried pulling the flesh out but only some is gone.There is still a lot left.WHAT DO I DO TO GET THE FLESH TO GO AWAY.Please i need help so bad !

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/11/2019 12:08 am

Can you post a photo ?

Landon_22 liked
MemberMember
(@landon_22)

Posted : 06/11/2019 12:08 am

7CFD7142-FB35-43A7-961D-A40B01E01D75.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/11/2019 12:51 am

Landon

Thanks. Is there a solid mass in the wound, like small grain of rice ?

I think you have what is called a granuloma, which is a mass of immune cells etc. You might need medical attention to get rid of it.

The granuloma is your body's response to a foreign body or infection, usually caused by bacterial and/or fungal skin infection.

In the meantime make sure you do not touch the exposed area, except with twice washed hands and put some antibiotic cream (or antibiotic cream) on it. The last thing you want is a staph infection.

Topical corticosteroid cream (hydrocortisone or stronger) might, or might not, break down the granuloma.

Landon_22 liked
MemberMember
(@landon_22)

Posted : 06/11/2019 1:05 am

12 minutes ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Landon

Thanks. Is there a solid mass in the wound, like small grain of rice ?

I think you have what is called a granuloma, which is a mass of immune cells etc. You might need medical attention to get rid of it.

The granuloma is your body's response to a foreign body or infection, usually caused by bacterial and/or fungal skin infection.

In the meantime make sure you do not touch the exposed area, except with twice washed hands and put some antibiotic cream (or antibiotic cream) on it. The last thing you want is a staph infection.

Topical corticosteroid cream (hydrocortisone or stronger) might, or might not, break down the granuloma.

Thank you so much.I do not feel a grain of rice type feeling under the flesh but I think some nice cream would help it a lot.After removing as much flesh as possibleand washing it really good in the shower the wound has started to deflate and almost looks like its closing ever so slightly.I have put cream on it and a band aid to help cover it and also medicate it.THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP .