Notifications
Clear all

uneven skin tone

MemberMember
(@bluetonic)

Posted : 11/18/2002 5:48 pm

ok, i have very uneven skin tone.. and it looks gross. Few pimples.. but lot of brown spots and scars..

Is there any mask or cleanser or something that will help even out the skin color???? My face is like multicolored.. and i have kinda fair to light to medium skin.. cant really describe.. but im light skinned.

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:)

I have this whitening mask from a beauty spa salon place.. but i dont know if that really does work. You're suppose to use it once or twice a week.. i havent used it yet. Im kinda scared wondering if its gonna make me break out. Cuz i went for a whitening facial.. and days later i broke out.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

MemberMember
(@zamwesell)

Posted : 11/29/2002 5:50 am

I know the feeling... I have the same skin-tone that you described...I am still looking for that "miracle" product....It actually doesnt bother me sometimes until people say ahrsh things like "Oh.....you would be SO gorgeous if it wasnt for your skin..."...hearing that a few times is definitely enough to make someone paranoid and obsess more and more over it. grrr...

MemberMember
(@goldenpp72)

Posted : 11/30/2002 2:10 am

I totally know how that feels. this really hot chic I was talking to said I would be hot if it weren't for these marks im useing peptides and exfol stuff now.

MemberMember
(@remidee)

Posted : 12/01/2002 11:39 pm

Hey,

I read your complaint about uneven skin tone and I have a solution! (that works for me anyway) I have cafe au lait colored skin and often when I get acne, regardless if I pick it or not, I get scars. I live in Japan and the dermatologist here gave me big doses of Vitamin C which totally evened out the tone of my face. Recently, I have been using an over the counter brand called Yunker C which may be available in North America. I almost eat it like candy and have, if I may say so, alright skin!!!!! Please give it a try it really worked for me and it is good for you at any rate.

MemberMember
(@sillymonkey)

Posted : 12/03/2002 12:41 am

hi...i was just wondering if there's a website showing the product. i have uneven skin myself....

MemberMember
(@blue)

Posted : 12/03/2002 7:32 pm

me too :X i have uneven skin tone due to melasma and acne scars,i went to 2-3 derms.but they gave hydroquinone( 4%).Initially ,i looked wonderful and i was so happy but that was temporary.As soon as you go out in sun no matter how much sunblock u put on those scars which seemed to be faded come back with darker color.Ahhhhh

So don't ever go for hydroquinone.I tried azelaic acid which is for melasma as well as acne too but no results and it was stingy too.

Now i am thinking about glycolic peels.Anybody who had these peels pls give some guidelines.

MemberMember
(@remidee)

Posted : 12/03/2002 8:04 pm

Hi,

I think the thing with Vitamin C is that any type will do. The quality of Vitamin C that you get is the same across the board. The quantity is what helps even out skin tone and tone down scars. At my maximum dosage I was taking 3000mg a day. I have done a little research and you have to beware of chewable tablets as they can cause some enamel damage at a high dosage. Otherwise, I think (for me) Vitamin C did wonders on dark pigmentation and evened out my skin tone. Danielle

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 11/22/2016 4:16 am

Aztec Secret Indian healing clay mixed with Apple cider vinegar, works wonders! Also try Cocokind Repair serum