Notifications
Clear all

fraxel laser

MemberMember
(@kooky)

Posted : 09/26/2005 11:39 pm

You may be right trident. There's a lot of variables involved though in the treatment, and it may be a while before the dust settles and we know how effective the Fraxel is long term for acne scarring. I do trust smilingeyes and Floridaguy, and they seem to be very satisfied with their improvements. So that gives me some hope that this isn't all just the latest and greatest laser hype and hoopla.

Dr. Rokhsar, one of the early investigators of the Fraxel laser (along with Fitzpatrick), is coming out with the most comprehensive study yet (over a 1000 patients) on the efficacy of Fraxel for acne scars. I'd be very interested in what this paper shows, although I would expect some level of bias towards the results. What really intruigues me about the Fraxel (besides the very little downtime) is that at a setting of 20 mJ, the

Fraxel penetrates the dermis down to a depth of 700 micrometers, the deepest of

any treatment or resurfacing procedure out there. No one on acne.org besides myself has ventured pass the 15 mJ level, except for lightgirl, who had 1 treatment at level 17. I had two spot treatments at Level 20, and have seem some softening of the scars, but nothing significant yet.

MemberMember
(@amnesiac)

Posted : 09/27/2005 9:55 pm

i am really wanting to improve my skin texture, you think this will help??

MemberMember
(@kooky)

Posted : 09/28/2005 8:31 pm

MemberMember
(@electroscars)

Posted : 09/28/2005 8:43 pm

That's what I've heard and that's what they (the docs) claim. It's certainly one of my hopes to improve the texture that the CO2 laser ruined.

MemberMember
(@amoalaura)

Posted : 09/28/2005 8:48 pm

thanks electroscars...my first one will be on Oct. 15

MemberMember
(@kooky)

Posted : 09/28/2005 9:00 pm

That's what I've heard and that's what they (the docs) claim. It's certainly one of my hopes to improve the texture that the CO2 laser ruined.

MemberMember
(@floridaguy)

Posted : 09/29/2005 8:18 am

Floridaguy, i will be having 10 fraxels, with the first 3 a week apart and then the remaining ones two or three weeks apart after that....what kind of improvement do you think ill get in tone/scars?

MemberMember
(@arcticmonkey)

Posted : 09/29/2005 3:53 pm

Anyone ever visited this website before?

http://www.lvcosmeticsurgery.com/qanda_Laser_Resurfacing.asp

This Doctor has NOTHING good to say about Fraxel what so ever, you can post questions to him, which i have done in the past, and they are always answered within 24hrs, he seem extremely popular aswell.

MemberMember
(@colonel-angus)

Posted : 09/29/2005 9:20 pm

This Doctor has NOTHING good to say about Fraxel what so ever, you can post questions to him, which i have done in the past, and they are always answered within 24hrs, he seem extremely popular aswell.

MemberMember
(@lawboy)

Posted : 09/29/2005 10:13 pm

Yeah I have been there a couple of times. He is quick in his response. He seems to be very opinionated on certain methods.

Colin

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/29/2005 10:54 pm

Fraxel is by far the best laser out there now, anyone who says differently is full of shit...Another good thing about fraxel is it just raised the bar for other laser companies...now they have to come out with something that can deliver better results with the no downtime

MemberMember
(@edge-el)

Posted : 09/30/2005 12:08 am

Yeah, I have to agree. If you've got the money, Fraxel definately looks like its the best option. Maybe not for terrible scars, but for medium/mild, and texture/hyperpigmentation issues like me I believe it's going to be a Godsend. I'm getting 5 Fraxels done within the next year.

MemberMember
(@hols)

Posted : 09/30/2005 9:54 pm

Has anyone experienced or heard of Fraxel causing fat loss?

MemberMember
(@sean1977)

Posted : 10/01/2005 4:36 pm

I'm thinking about getting a consulation from a local Dr. who does the fraxel treatment.. Just a quick question to those of you who have had it done or have had a consultation.. What was the price quoted to you for full face and/or spot treatment??

Just wondering what different docs are charging for this treatment as I'm sure it may vary a lot.

Sean..

MemberMember
(@keithr23)

Posted : 10/01/2005 9:43 pm

I was told by my dermatologist(who I trust) that lasers are NOT the right method for most people to treat acne scars. They work with lasers adn I have talked a lot about getting things done once my skin is completely free of acne. He told me that the lasers are made and good for taking away real fine wrinkles and spotty skin, but will do little for most acne scars. He also said that chemicals and peels for the most part are not that great for taking the marks away either. The best treatments i have found from researching and from talking to my doc. are dermabrasion and deep micro which does make your skin bleed.

I hope that everyone is seeing good results on here from the lasers, adn have nothing against them at all. I really didnt want to get dermabrasion or the deep micro done, but I guess if that is best that is what I will do.

The only time my dermo does lasers on acne scars is if the patient is of color and not a good candidate for dermabrasion or else they request that they want to have it done eveen after talking about the various treaments.

remember that lasers are the most expensive to do so of course most doctors love to push them off on people. I really would pay almost any amount of money to see my skin smoother, but I wont do a laser if I think it wont do anything for me or could make the situation even worse.

Since looking through various treatmetns adn seeing the before adn after photos I have seen a few people that had real good results and all but one(the person who did TCA) either had dermabrasion or deep micro. If anyone wants to post their before and afters for fraxels that really show an improvement I will run out and get it done. The only pictures I hfave seen were touched up from various websites and doctors that specialized in the practice.

MemberMember
(@sean1977)

Posted : 10/02/2005 1:34 am

Floridaguy's photos are not touched up.. ask him about his results.. Also, does your doctor offer fraxel? Doctors are salesmen, and of course they are going to sell the product that they have to offer as they have to make a living.. I can't imagine any doctor telling you that there is another option that is much better offered down the street by another doctor, thanks for stopping by.. Not sure that dermabrasion is the most effective either.. sounds like exoderm is as effective, perhaps more effective than dermabrasion...

Sean..

I was told by my dermatologist(who I trust) that lasers are NOT the right method for most people to treat acne scars. They work with lasers adn I have talked a lot about getting things done once my skin is completely free of acne. He told me that the lasers are made and good for taking away real fine wrinkles and spotty skin, but will do little for most acne scars. He also said that chemicals and peels for the most part are not that great for taking the marks away either. The best treatments i have found from researching and from talking to my doc. are dermabrasion and deep micro which does make your skin bleed.

I hope that everyone is seeing good results on here from the lasers, adn have nothing against them at all. I really didnt want to get dermabrasion or the deep micro done, but I guess if that is best that is what I will do.

The only time my dermo does lasers on acne scars is if the patient is of color and not a good candidate for dermabrasion or else they request that they want to have it done eveen after talking about the various treaments.

remember that lasers are the most expensive to do so of course most doctors love to push them off on people. I really would pay almost any amount of money to see my skin smoother, but I wont do a laser if I think it wont do anything for me or could make the situation even worse.

Since looking through various treatmetns adn seeing the before adn after photos I have seen a few people that had real good results and all but one(the person who did TCA) either had dermabrasion or deep micro. If anyone wants to post their before and afters for fraxels that really show an improvement I will run out and get it done. The only pictures I hfave seen were touched up from various websites and doctors that specialized in the practice.

MemberMember
(@lightgirl)

Posted : 10/02/2005 7:24 pm

I'm thinking about getting a consulation from a local Dr. who does the fraxel treatment.. Just a quick question to those of you who have had it done or have had a consultation.. What was the price quoted to you for full face and/or spot treatment??

Just wondering what different docs are charging for this treatment as I'm sure it may vary a lot.

Sean..

MemberMember
(@marce)

Posted : 10/02/2005 8:13 pm

Hi light girl .. thanks for your update..

just wondering how many percentages of improvement do you think you have so far achieved ?

aw I hope you get even greater results after yout 5th fraxel .. smile.gif

good luck wink.gif

MemberMember
(@jennyl)

Posted : 10/02/2005 10:21 pm

Hi, kooky,

Did you have bio-alcamid filler procedure done? I thought I remember your name on that board.

Some small bumps caused by that filler are still noticeable and I'm still seeking other procedures to fix them.

Did you have your test procedure of Fraxel Laser done by Dr. Fitzpatrick in San Diego? He seems to be relatively more experienced in using this new technology on acne scared patients, but in the meantime I'm wondering if he is more expensive?

I saw about a dozen of doctors in Los Angles area also offering Fraxel Laser procedure, but I just don't know if any of them is more experienced and trustworthy than Dr. Fitzpatrick? (Your or anyone's comment one this, please)

Hopefully this laser is for real and we're beginning to see some light from the other end of the tunnel.

JennyL

You may be right trident. There's a lot of variables involved though in the treatment, and it may be a while before the dust settles and we know how effective the Fraxel is long term for acne scarring. I do trust smilingeyes and Floridaguy, and they seem to be very satisfied with their improvements. So that gives me some hope that this isn't all just the latest and greatest laser hype and hoopla.

Dr. Rokhsar, one of the early investigators of the Fraxel laser (along with Fitzpatrick), is coming out with the most comprehensive study yet (over a 1000 patients) on the efficacy of Fraxel for acne scars. I'd be very interested in what this paper shows, although I would expect some level of bias towards the results. What really intruigues me about the Fraxel (besides the very little downtime) is that at a setting of 20 mJ, the

Fraxel penetrates the dermis down to a depth of 700 micrometers, the deepest of

any treatment or resurfacing procedure out there. No one on acne.org besides myself has ventured pass the 15 mJ level, except for lightgirl, who had 1 treatment at level 17. I had two spot treatments at Level 20, and have seem some softening of the scars, but nothing significant yet.

MemberMember
(@lightgirl)

Posted : 10/03/2005 12:56 am

Hi light girl .. thanks for your update..

just wondering how many percentages of improvement  do you think you have so far achieved ?

aw I hope you get even greater results after yout 5th fraxel .. smile.gif

good luck wink.gif

MemberMember
(@marce)

Posted : 10/03/2005 6:10 am

hi lightgirl .. thanks for your quick response .. eusa_angel.gif

i think you mistaken identity me with someone else.. biggrin.gif i havent done any fraxel laser yet .. although i m going to start my treatment from mid october in korea...

I ll definatly let you and people here know how mine goes ..

thanks again for your update lightgirl eusa_angel.gif

MemberMember
(@lightgirl)

Posted : 10/03/2005 9:33 am

hi lightgirl .. thanks for your quick response ..  eusa_angel.gif

i think you mistaken identity me with someone else.. biggrin.gif  i havent done any fraxel laser yet ..  although i m going to start my treatment  from mid october  in korea...

I ll definatly let you and people here know how mine goes ..

thanks again for your update lightgirl  eusa_angel.gif

MemberMember
(@amnesiac)

Posted : 10/03/2005 10:24 am

What are you guys paying for each treatment?

I need to find something around $500-700 a treatment with a good doctor.

MemberMember
(@amnesiac)

Posted : 10/03/2005 10:31 am

MemberMember
(@sydney2004)

Posted : 10/03/2005 2:52 pm

Has anyone used fraxel for raised scars?

was thinking about having the fraxel laser done, but wanted to know if anyone who has done it before thinks it is worth the money?