Notifications
Clear all

Please help! What kind of scars are these?

MemberMember
(@renikecherrygmail-com)

Posted : 04/21/2022 5:46 pm

I have acne scarring a couple years ago, but started to be more noticeable since I™m working out and having some weight loss. And aging also not my friend ..I don™t know where and what should I start since I™m afraid of doctors that only want your money, so I would like to listen a couple opinions about the treatment I should do. Thank you.

E540A518-35DA-4D33-83CF-CDD791F15BB6.jpeg

32AE3F9F-463F-4AD5-A1BC-AFBCCE23CC86.jpeg

12F37C92-FB39-4BE4-9F8C-DAA219ADB2BA.jpeg

MemberMember
(@stardust123)

Posted : 04/22/2022 2:12 am

Left side mostly rolling scars, right side some boxcars. The standard advice for a lot of pitted scarring is subcision with fillers/suction. Subcision will lift the scar from underneath, fillers/suction help to fill in the pits.

f93d and Renataa liked
MemberMember
(@renikecherrygmail-com)

Posted : 04/22/2022 7:56 am

5 hours ago, Stardust123 said:

Left side mostly rolling scars, right side some boxcars. The standard advice for a lot of pitted scarring is subcision with fillers/suction. Subcision will lift the scar from underneath, fillers/suction help to fill in the pits.

Thank you! Im very afraid of subcision, is that true that it can make it worse?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 04/22/2022 11:12 am

8 hours ago, Stardust123 said:

When you say with fillers, do you mean the fillers should be injected right before sub?

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 04/22/2022 12:19 pm

4 hours ago, Renataa said:

Im very afraid of subcision, is that true that it can make it worse?

out of absolutely every treatment for scars, subcision is the safest. Fillers can mess up skin and face. Subcision? very unlikely

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 04/22/2022 1:49 pm

1 hour ago, Candy Says said:

out of absolutely every treatment for scars, subcision is the safest. Fillers can mess up skin and face. Subcision? very unlikely

Nope. Several ppl here including me said their scars looked worst after rullan did subcision.

Renataa liked
MemberMember
(@renikecherrygmail-com)

Posted : 04/22/2022 2:57 pm

35 minutes ago, Candy Says said:

Thank you! I think is saw a comment about it in another post thats why I was asking. I heard that fat grafting with stem cells are permanent fillers but depends on the doctor you choose to do so.

1 hour ago, dirigo39 said:

Nope. Several ppl here including me said their scars looked worst after rullan did subcision.

Yeah thats why Im concerned too.. I rather ask opinions before I do any procedure.I think Ill try fat filler and co2.

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 04/23/2022 1:46 am

10 hours ago, Renataa said:

Thank you! I think is saw a comment about it in another post thats why I was asking. I heard that fat grafting with stem cells are permanent fillers but depends on the doctor you choose to do so.

Yeah thats why Im concerned too.. I rather ask opinions before I do any procedure.I think Ill try fat filler and co2.

I don't think you'll get the results you're looking for starting with fat filler and co2.

Subcision doesn't really improve the appearance of scars by much; it needs to be paired with filler. However filler is pointless if those scars are tethered. Starting with subcision is more or less the gold standard if you want to get those scars lifted. Then follow it with co2 or some type of resurfacing.

Also any procedure can make the skin worse. I've had some treatments that made my skin look worse but it's the overall healing process that matters. You will probably need many treatments.

Renataa liked
MemberMember
(@stardust123)

Posted : 04/23/2022 1:56 am

Subcision by itself is useless imo. I had subcision with Rullan w/o filler and while it was swollen it looked better, but went back to normal afterwards. I just did a subcision with filler last month with Rullan again. The fillers great improved the appearance of pitted scars, but the bad surface texture remains.

Most of the theory is already out there in the forums. The purpose of subcision is to untether your pitted scars. If your scars get stuck when you move your top skin around, then it's tethered.

Subcision cuts the scar tethering bands. Then afterwards (1 week later) fillers are injected in the space between to fill up the pits. They also prevent the pitted scars from re-tethering. Hyaluronic acid fillers (HA) are safe and lots of people have gotten them.

sub_filler.png

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 04/23/2022 2:50 pm

i saw a video on my feed saying fillers doesn't do much after subcision:

MemberMember
(@grcar-joze1996gmail-com)

Posted : 04/23/2022 3:29 pm

What about subcision + sculptra for volume loss?

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 04/23/2022 6:58 pm

3 hours ago, gynoscar said:

i saw a video on my feed saying fillers doesn't do much after subcision:

Filler shouldnt be used to fix the tethering, maybe its of some benefit, but from experience the filler will donut around the tethered scar if more subcisions are required.

The holes in the skin wont fill in themselves; once the tethers are cut something needs to be there to fill in the volume loss. Ive had a lot of success with temporary filler after doing 5 subcisions.

MemberMember
(@grcar-joze1996gmail-com)

Posted : 04/24/2022 3:50 am

8 hours ago, f93d said:

Filler shouldnt be used to fix the tethering, maybe its of some benefit, but from experience the filler will donut around the tethered scar if more subcisions are required.

The holes in the skin wont fill in themselves; once the tethers are cut something needs to be there to fill in the volume loss. Ive had a lot of success with temporary filler after doing 5 subcisions.

What about, subcision + RF Microneedling on the same day without filler? And after 4-5 treatments with a filler?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 04/24/2022 8:08 am

On 4/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, Stardust123 said:

Subcision by itself is useless imo. I had subcision with Rullan w/o filler and while it was swollen it looked better, but went back to normal afterwards. I just did a subcision with filler last month with Rullan again. The fillers great improved the appearance of pitted scars, but the bad surface texture remains.

Most of the theory is already out there in the forums. The purpose of subcision is to untether your pitted scars. If your scars get stuck when you move your top skin around, then it's tethered.

Subcision cuts the scar tethering bands. Then afterwards (1 week later) fillers are injected in the space between to fill up the pits. They also prevent the pitted scars from re-tethering. Hyaluronic acid fillers (HA) are safe and lots of people have gotten them.

sub_filler.png

Is there a particular ha filler you recommend? Juvederm,  restalyn? 

Did rullan inject fillers before the sub? 

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 04/25/2022 5:16 pm

I think she's talking about not only the larger depression but also the general icepicks or boxcars and/or texture. Also yeah weight changes can affect scars but it's really hard to know how because increasing and decreasing can have effects.

You probably need a good doctor but several procedures. You need something to treat the actual volume/fat loss in that one area or so but also something to shave the edges of the scars or blend that general area. Those things include dermabrasion, laser, things like that. I had great success from dermabrasion but I had no significant fat loss just icepicks/boxcars. It wasn't perfect but was at least 80% less depth and blended for sure.

If you want my opinion you might want to test on one spot to test subcision and see if you respond well to that, with or without filler that is. If successful do another spot and so on. After that I really think you should look at ablative procedures to blend and erase those scar edges.

I personally think your best options might be to test subcision, hope for improvement then look for resurfacing. I mean there's also options like excision (even punch excision) but that could be dicey I don't even know if that would apply to any of your scars.

Anyone have any other opinions for her? That's just my take.

Renataa liked
MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 04/25/2022 8:03 pm

sub_filler.png

I don't think people are very clear when talking about subcision. It's true that you don't want the scar to re-tether so filler helps separate it, but the question is does the subcision generate healing and volume as the filler gets reabsorbed (before it re-tethers). 

I have never gotten subcision I'd like to on one scar. People with much more volume loss should have a much clearer description. I too think it makes more sense to filler after subcision but the subcision technique should be clearer, type of filler(s) be it HA or sculptra or even fat filler. Also, there's not a clear sense of if or how you can do a resurfacing while there is still active filler inside your cheeks OR if any healed volume post subcision is sensitive afterwards to any gaps or ablative resurfacing, I just don't know.

Put simply though, I've seen enough photos and stories of people with success on subcision to say it's worth a try if you have volume loss but what is the best subcision technique and what is the best filler, what's the average volume % per subcision and is it diminishing?

Renataa liked
MemberMember
(@renikecherrygmail-com)

Posted : 04/25/2022 8:54 pm

sub_filler.png

I taught these bands are reattach right away

3 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

I think she's talking about not only the larger depression but also the general icepicks or boxcars and/or texture. Also yeah weight changes can affect scars but it's really hard to know how because increasing and decreasing can have effects.

You probably need a good doctor but several procedures. You need something to treat the actual volume/fat loss in that one area or so but also something to shave the edges of the scars or blend that general area. Those things include dermabrasion, laser, things like that. I had great success from dermabrasion but I had no significant fat loss just icepicks/boxcars. It wasn't perfect but was at least 80% less depth and blended for sure.

If you want my opinion you might want to test on one spot to test subcision and see if you respond well to that, with or without filler that is. If successful do another spot and so on. After that I really think you should look at ablative procedures to blend and erase those scar edges.  

I personally think your best options might be to test subcision, hope for improvement then look for resurfacing. I mean there's also options like excision (even punch excision) but that could be dicey I don't even know if that would apply to any of your scars.

Anyone have any other opinions for her? That's just my take.

Thank you for you™re reply, I appreciate it. Actually when I did these pictures it looked really bad, but interestingly there™s days when it looks okay, especially in the mornings.. it™s like there™s little to no scarring. That™s why I taught filled would be a good option. And you™re right I never taught about your idea to go with a test subcision. I definitely will try! And update you guys :)  Also co2 for sure. Hope it will work

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 04/26/2022 5:47 am

8 hours ago, Renataa said:

I taught these bands are reattach right away

Thank you for you™re reply, I appreciate it. Actually when I did these pictures it looked really bad, but interestingly there™s days when it looks okay, especially in the mornings.. it™s like there™s little to no scarring. That™s why I taught filled would be a good option. And you™re right I never taught about your idea to go with a test subcision. I definitely will try! And update you guys :)  Also co2 for sure. Hope it will work

Scars tend to look better in the morning, for the first 30 minutes of It anyway. When we sleep, our blood is redistributed for a long period of time. That blood redistribution is what attributes to smoother looking skin. Unfortunately, quite temporary

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 04/26/2022 6:17 am

26 minutes ago, Catharsis2018 said:

Scars tend to look better in the morning, for the first 30 minutes of It anyway. When we sleep, our blood is redistributed for a long period of time. That blood redistribution is what attributes to smoother looking skin. Unfortunately, quite temporary

Yeah, basically like a biological/anatomical trick. The longer we are out and about or environment is poking our scars/skin the worse it can look throughout the day unfortunately from stimuli or blood flow or slight skin changes. Also there's a hydration effect probably where less or more hydration could effect appearance. 

9 hours ago, Renataa said:

When I say test subcision you could just do a spot and see how it responds, presumably with filler seems to be the better consensus. If well, do another spot or two and so on. But at some point you will have to do ablative resurfacing to blend all of it when it's more level (the 1-2 deeper areas become more level) because there's no way to blend all of the other stuff unless you shave edges to blend all of it and I'm guessing that's what you want to mainly improve overall.

Renataa liked