Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatment suggestions

MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 01/07/2022 1:28 am

Hello everyone,good day. I havent theworst case of acne scarring,but Is it possible to achieve moderateimprovements with Tca or lasers.Dealing with acne or acne scarring has really been a challenge to me and while it was fun to squeeze the pimples Im starting to regret it knowing that you get permanent scarring doing it.

here is a clearer picture.you can really see the depth of the scar.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 01/07/2022 12:43 pm

Tiny icepicks phenol cross or tca cross. There is also a punch biopsy tool they have custom sizes to fit the scar area. Since these are small it will work just fine.this is the fastest approach but come with risk since the area of excision is way small it is less of a risk. But again its your call. If phenol cross or tca doesnt work you can give excision a shot.

You liked
MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 01/08/2022 8:07 am

@getsmart121thanks for the suggestion. So you reckon the ice pick can be filled in by tca cross or phenol? Im having doubts about the procedure but I guess I have to try and find out

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 01/10/2022 11:03 pm

On 1/8/2022 at 7:07 AM, Doglover123 said:

@getsmart121thanks for the suggestion. So you reckon the ice pick can be filled in by tca cross or phenol? Im having doubts about the procedure but I guess I have to try and find out

Tca or phenol cross aftersome sessions scars will start to become more rolling. This will eventually raise the scar up. But u have to be patient. Personally I think phenol cross is better as it the liquid stays in the region. Tca cros travels outside the scar.
or punch excision can eliminate those quickly. Do 1 or 2 to see how you heal. If you heal fine then you can do the rest.

MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 01/13/2022 12:56 am

On 1/7/2022 at 1:28 AM, Doglover123 said:

113F6389-8584-41DE-BE23-A66F38229380.jpeg.a7c2b8d8da5491d8ca30958d63a339ce.jpegHello everyone,good day. I haven™t the worst case of acne scarring, but  Is it possible to achieve moderate  improvements with Tca or lasers.Dealing with acne or acne scarring has really been a challenge to me and while it was fun to squeeze the pimples I™m starting to regret it knowing that you get permanent scarring doing it.

CA5006D9-C662-4BAD-8515-EA5E43013266.jpeg.95a7018ee5e3e24a55507b9d1c7e8357.jpeghere is a clearer picture.you can really see the depth of the scar. 

hi. you are beautiful. try consulting with a few dermatologists or facial scar experts on what your options are for your specific case. Generally, from the photos you provided, I don™t see much there but the little ones that i do see could benefit from punch excisions from a dermatologist or as others have suggested TCA combined with a resurfacing laser like Co2. There are definitely risks to consider either way, such as the punches not healing ideally and other factors that could worsen your current skin condition. It depends on the doctors you seek and their expertise in the management of scars. Also, resources are a factor too, money is not unlimited for most of us unless you are Bezo™s son. Either way, just remember to enjoy life. That™s my advice to you. 

MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 01/17/2022 11:36 am

Hi all.I plan onupdating this thread for the next month and so on. I took time and realizedthat scarsarea very mentally draining disease and even as a 18yrold guy Im embarrassedabout superficial scars on my faceso Ivefinally decided toget something done about this. Im getting tca cross soon, I hope the results are promising. If I dont update this thread, its probably because Ive given up and went to therapy instead lol.

Jtaus and liked
MemberMember
(@jtaus)

Posted : 01/19/2022 12:45 am

On 1/18/2022 at 3:36 AM, Doglover123 said:

Hi all.I plan onupdating this thread for the next month and so on. I took time and realizedthat scarsarea very mentally draining disease and even as a 18yrold guy Im embarrassedabout superficial scars on my faceso Ivefinally decided toget something done about this. Im getting tca cross soon, I hope the results are promising. If I dont update this thread, its probably because Ive given up and went to therapy instead lol.

I think the odds are in your favour because you are still young (better healing and collagen generation), have fair complexion (lower risk of complications such as hyperpigmentation), and most of your ice pick scars are on your cheeks.

I'm facing pretty bad odds as I'm in my early 30s, have olive colour skin, and ice pick scars on my nose which are notoriously hard to treat. Having said that I've made pretty good progress with mine.

It is going to look worse after each treatment but by the time they start to heal around the 4 week mark you should see incremental improvements.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 01/20/2022 8:12 pm

On 1/17/2022 at 11:36 AM, Doglover123 said:

Read your mail I sent you a a message.

Also does anyone think the redness/pink is from the scars, or from rosacea (or a combination of both?). If there's any rosacea going on around the scars and it's not just trauma, I would suggest trying to get a few prescriptions to help the flushing. Would welcome others comments.

MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 01/21/2022 2:01 am

I went in today, i discussed things with my dermatologist. He was quite old and has been treating acne, general scarring and other skin diseases for many years.He seemed a bit concerned about the few comedones I had before I asked him about the scarring .We discussed the different procedures, he wasn™t hesitant about using the tca technique and was confident. I forgot what percentage the tca was but we went on with the procedure. He dipped a toothpick inside a small cylinder with liquid in it and then poked the scars gently with quite alarming speed, each time wiping my face with what I believe to be iodine. The procedure was 6minutes, there was also frosting afterwards.I was also prescribed some sun screen, cleanser and he told me to get plenty of sleep and  eat a balance diet. B5D206E0-FA1C-4036-ABB3-C7D55442C618.png.e7334d516042cd5a5cdf4cb877bd3792.png

If you inspect the deep ice pick scar you can see that the frosting is next to it, not really covering the ice pick, I don™t know if this was a deliberate attempt or unintentional. The frosting now has went away and I™ll be updating this next month when healing supposedly starts and with the exact same lighting. 

Jtaus and liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 01/21/2022 3:11 am

Usually the icepick walls changed shape after few sessions or sometimes they fill up. Let see what happens.

MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 03/11/2022 12:19 am

Hi guys it™s been 2months and as promised I will update my results concerning TCA CROSS here is my before F326C3F2-52B7-4AC3-940F-BE68BB234318.png.7fa3456e544732acde920205f2d63169.png

And the after: E7FBA2B9-A9BF-44E1-BC91-B80F6BEE5AAF.png.4f28f1cce78a63806d3b52d58a96a532.png

Ignoring the redness, I don™t see any changes in size or depth of the scars.  Regardless of the disappointing results I will continue to persue the tca cross method. I believe I should give it a few more shots before I give up.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 03/11/2022 12:36 am

It usually takes three session to start seeing the results because if you see in a microscope your scar edge is changing but for you to see a change the scar edge should be at 50 degree angle.

You liked
MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 03/11/2022 12:44 am

@getsmart121thanks, thats encouraging to hear. But for the deep ice picks even if the scar edge changes, it would still leave a visible scar, unless if there is any tissue building from underneath which I dont believeto be the case here.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 03/11/2022 1:06 am

Two thing ps should happen here the depth of the scar start filling as well as the edges start fading. It might take some time. Maybe treat every 2 months. You always have the option to excise those tiny scars and suture. You can do one or two to see how you heal.

MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 04/14/2022 11:22 am

I went to the derm today and we discussed how my scars are progressing. My derm told me that he can't raise the scarswith tca cross anymorefor some reason(maybesomething to do with sub dermal fibrosis??) He said my scars arewhite which means it's old hence it's impossible to raise the floor. He recommended laser(not specified). Should i pursue tca cross on my own since there are still hard edges and I'm not a huge fan of lasers in particular. I don't know what to do, any feedback is deeply appreciated.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/15/2022 7:45 am

These are tiny indents. Ishe suggesting within one session of cross you should have seen results?

You can also go for excision for tiny ice picks a punch biopsyexcision will be performed. They will cut the hole out and suture the healthy skin. Do one or two to see there are no surprises to your healing.

MemberMember
(@hockabossgmail-com)

Posted : 04/15/2022 8:37 am

45 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

These are tiny indents. Ishe suggesting within one session of cross you should have seen results?

You can also go for excision for tiny ice picks a punch biopsyexcision will be performed. They will cut the hole out and suture the healthy skin. Do one or two to see there are no surprises to your healing.

I will definitely consider excision, but for the time being I want to use the least invasive method. Is there any case where tca cross should not be performed? My scars have remained pretty muchthe same, maybe a bit more redness after the procedure. I can't find a reason why Ican't repeat the procedure.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/15/2022 2:07 pm

Just repeat 1to 2 sessions.