Notifications
Clear all

Can you have a any scar surgically excised?

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 09/10/2021 9:03 pm

I have a 4mm by 2mm scar thats long but thin and its a weird shape and colour its clearly not skin tissue and I thought due to its shape and how small it is can a surgeon not cut it out but w stitch or 2 and remove it entirely

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/10/2021 9:10 pm

i wish they could surgically excise myn to make it into a thin line scar what i though they could do thru punch excision

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 09/11/2021 3:54 pm

Basically I have one scar that is flat with the skin but isnt skin its scar tissue its quite small and linear can they simply just cut it out and stitch toghether

1 hour ago, can i get a new life please said:

What, i dont understand what you are trying to asking?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/11/2021 5:15 pm

i though scar tissue was permanent? i got the same the scar is flat with the skin in some places and that it is impossible to totally remove the scar???

thought

for instance in harsh lighting you will always see the scar

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 09/11/2021 7:48 pm

Is it an acne scar? Is it on your face? Cant we see a pick?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 09/11/2021 8:44 pm

Yes, it can be excised. Anything can be. The question is whether or not it is worth it.

When you excise a scar, you will be left with another scar. Simple ones will be linear whereas most of the big ones may be done in a geometric broken line fashion - more complicated and requires a skilled plastic surgeon.

Is the resulting scar going to be better? If the original scar is pretty bad, then most likely yes. If you are talking about a small scar, you are taking your chances. Sometimes the resulting scar is wider and deeper. This depends on where it is on the face (or body), the size,and your doctor's skill.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/12/2021 5:34 am

Amanda Hall has summed it up perfectly well done....thats the problem with myn despite having plenty and the deep boxcar type scars after excision i experienced them wider and deeper unfortunately derms are not good for this

likewise ive emailed like 10 plastic surgeons and not one wants to do excision??? damm

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/15/2021 8:23 pm