Notifications
Clear all

TCA Cross right for me? (Photo)

MemberMember
(@de_bruyne92mail-ru)

Posted : 08/09/2021 4:59 am

Hello
My doctor suggested TCA CROSS 50% (no higher concentration can be found in my country) for my scars on my cheeks and nose. And then carry out laser resurfacing. On the Internet I found out that on wide boxcar scars (as far as I understand, these are the scars on my cheeks), this procedure can have a negative effect and make the scars worse.
Can tell me if my scars are suitable for this procedure or is it worth trying something else?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/09/2021 10:23 am

Ah, this is a tough one. They almost seem in between ice pick and boxcar. I just went back through the available research on TCA and it looks like they do treat people with scarring similar to yours with good success though. Where did you hear/see that TCA can make boxcar scars worse?

Mostimportantly,get under the care of an experienced and capable doctorwho specializes in scar repair. If I were you, I would get at least 2 opinions, or maybe even 3. Don't mention anything at all to the various doctors. Let them tell you what they think is best. See if all the advice is the same. Then go with who seemsmost confident, and who has the best before and afters.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/09/2021 5:06 pm

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Ah, this is a tough one. They almost seem in between ice pick and boxcar. I just went back through the available research on TCA and it looks like they do treat people with scarring similar to yours with good success though. Where did you hear/see that TCA can make boxcar scars worse?

Mostimportantly,get under the care of an experienced and capable doctorwho specializes in scar repair. If I were you, I would get at least 2 opinions, or maybe even 3. Don't mention anything at all to the various doctors. Let them tell you what they think is best. See if all the advice is the same. Then go with who seemsmost confident, and who has the best before and afters.

Some doctors say TCA can make boxcar scars worse. Patients also say that as well. Doesn't happen all of the time but it does.

Dr. Rahmini:Even if the base is fully treated the TCA can and at times does dissolve away the sides of the depressed icepick scars. The patient ultimately may ends up with a wider and sometimes even deeper icepick scar defying the purpose of the procedure.

You may need many TCA Cross treatments at 50%. That percentage is not strong. I've had Phenol Cross done almost half a dozen times and that stuff is stronger than 80 or 100% TCA Cross - I forget. My scars are shallower than yours and I didn't see any improvement except for my last treatment.

TCA Cross' risk is scar widening but people here report that their scars got shallower which is a good tradeoff for them.

longshot1 liked