Notifications
Clear all

Three Years Acne Scar Journey

MemberMember
(@kimiel34gmail-com)

Posted : 07/10/2021 3:29 pm

Hi, I just want to share my acne scar journey so that it might help some of you out there. These are some things that worked and didn't work for me. Don't ever give up and be very patient with the process.

Before and after photos below is a 3 year progress. 

Acne history: I suffered from cystic acne ever since middle school and it got very severe in high school. Saw a dermatologist regularly and I was put on Accutane. Acne got better but then I started getting hormonal acne in college and throughout adulthood. Took antibiotics for a while but I stop because it wasn't good for my body. Currently taking birth control and spironolactone which really help keep it under control. 

Acne Scars: I have a combination of all type of scars but mainly icepick and boxcar with a bit of rolling.

Treatments that didn't work for me: Tca Cross/ microneedling at home (not a good idea), microneedling 10x at a med spa 

Treatments that worked for me: 

2x Infini RF w/ prp

3x subcision, cross, and microneedling

1x erbium laser

1x subcision + 1 syringe of bellafill

Conclusion: I spent around $15k over the years on treatments. It's extremely expensive and I think I have accepted that this is the best as it will get for me. My advice would be do not try to save money by doing dangerous things at home on your own. Also do not go to a med spa because those people are not train to deal with acne scar properly. Do your research and go to a doctor you can trust. The process will be very slow and you won't see results until months or years later. Don't give up hope because things will get better. 

before after.jpg

Candy Says, whatisthispain, xander_33 and 4 people liked
MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 07/10/2021 7:36 pm

Those results look really good! Personally I'd be really happy with how it turned out. How would you rank the effectiveness of the treatments (if you can I know thats hard)

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 07/10/2021 9:47 pm

Great progress. How much improvement do you think you got from erbium compared to tca/microneedling?

MemberMember
(@nathan7880)

Posted : 07/14/2021 10:20 am

Holy crap.Your skin looks completely normal now imo. I wouldn't do anymore treatments if I were you.

Thank you soooo muchfor posting this! It really makes me feel hopeful that these treatments work so long as you are patient and give it time

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 07/19/2021 8:34 am

Marked improvement. 15k is expensive though. What would you say contributed most to the results?

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 07/20/2021 9:22 am

On 7/19/2021 at 11:34 PM, Nick Corona said:

Marked improvement. 15k is expensive though. What would you say contributed most to the results?

I think many people would be happy to pay 15k for results like these. Fantastic results. Incredible.

MemberMember
(@perfectskin_dreamer)

Posted : 09/06/2021 10:07 am

Great results. So happy for you.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 09/06/2021 1:38 pm

This is fantastic, imo you went from moderate scarring, to someone who's scarring is too mild to be really considered in the 'acne scarred' camp. Totally goals.

Do you think the filler made a big difference? I have similar treatment plan but cannot use fillers because of where my scarring is positioned.

Your skin also looks younger than when you started.

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 09/06/2021 2:32 pm

Why do these success story accounts always come out of nowhere and disappear right after their post ?

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/06/2021 4:51 pm

4 minutes ago, Jason2121 said:

Why do these success story accounts always come out of nowhere and disappear right after their post ?

not everyone here are registered member, lots of people lurking this forum as guests + lots of people are in PMs.

She got good results, shared with the rest of us and went to live her life. Proper way to deal with all of that. As it should be.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 09/06/2021 7:00 pm

4 hours ago, Jason2121 said:

Perhaps because if someone improves their acne scars to the point of satisfaction, they no longer think about it 24/7 and browse scarring forums? They get on with their lives, as they should.

There are many success stories on this forum and others with severe scar reduction to the point any sane person would be satisfied with.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/06/2021 7:40 pm

well first of all note that the lighting is different and that the skin is shinier in the afters

MemberMember
(@getstatuslinkgmail-com)

Posted : 09/12/2021 6:01 pm

what causes that shinyness? i got it too after co2. is it repairable?

MemberMember
(@luis888)

Posted : 10/12/2021 8:10 am

On 9/6/2021 at 2:38 PM, JudgmentPuzzleheaded said:

This is fantastic, imo you went from moderate scarring, to someone who's scarring is too mild to be really considered in the 'acne scarred' camp. Totally goals.

Do you think the filler made a big difference? I have similar treatment plan but cannot use fillers because of where my scarring is positioned.

Your skin also looks younger than when you started.

Where are your scars positioned ?

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 10/12/2021 9:24 am

Amazing improvement!

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 10/12/2021 2:17 pm

6 hours ago, Luis888 said:

Where are your scars positioned ?

upper neck jawline. also on temples and a little on cheeks.

MemberMember
(@shawng5586gmail-com)

Posted : 10/18/2021 11:41 am

which doctor did you use?

MemberMember
(@mikedavis22689gmail-com)

Posted : 06/27/2022 8:45 am

Unreal!! Amazing results!

MemberMember
(@mikedavis22689gmail-com)

Posted : 06/27/2022 9:05 am

On 9/12/2021 at 6:01 PM, myhojpoj said:

what causes that shinyness? i got it too after co2. is it repairable?

It's probably a good sign, it means you have a healthy skin barrier and a collagen boost.

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 07/01/2022 2:09 pm

On 10/12/2021 at 10:17 PM, JudgmentPuzzleheaded said:

upper neck jawline. also on temples and a little on cheeks.

It's unsafe to put filler in these areas?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/01/2022 3:12 pm

i'm surprised all she needed was 1 subcision. her scars are like the opposite of mine. shallow scars are harder to treat it seems

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 07/01/2022 8:49 pm

5 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

i'm surprised all she needed was 1 subcision

she could improve them even more.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 07/04/2022 4:49 am

On 7/1/2022 at 4:12 PM, dirigo39 said:

i'm surprised all she needed was 1 subcision. her scars are like the opposite of mine. shallow scars are harder to treat it seems

3 + 1 = 4

im surprised she even had subcision, those scars look like surface area scars

MemberMember
(@janette-clarrieproton-me)

Posted : 11/21/2022 12:18 pm

On 7/10/2021 at 11:29 PM, RamNoodle said:

Hi, I just want to share my acne scar journey so that it might help some of you out there. These are some things that worked and didn't work for me. Don't ever give up and be very patient with the process.

Before and after photos below is a 3 year progress. 

Acne history: I suffered from cystic acne ever since middle school and it got very severe in high school. Saw a dermatologist regularly and I was put on Accutane. Acne got better but then I started getting hormonal acne in college and throughout adulthood. Took antibiotics for a while but I stop because it wasn't good for my body. Currently taking birth control and spironolactone which really help keep it under control. 

Acne Scars: I have a combination of all type of scars but mainly icepick and boxcar with a bit of rolling.

Treatments that didn't work for me: Tca Cross/ microneedling at home (not a good idea), microneedling 10x at a med spa 

Treatments that worked for me: 

2x Infini RF w/ prp

3x subcision, cross, and microneedling

1x erbium laser

1x subcision + 1 syringe of bellafill

Conclusion: I spent around $15k over the years on treatments. It's extremely expensive and I think I have accepted that this is the best as it will get for me. My advice would be do not try to save money by doing dangerous things at home on your own. If you have problems with your studies in college and not only with acne, you can use research paper writing service https://essays.studymoose.com/research-paper-writing-help and not waste time. You can visit the doctor calmly while not worrying about your work, because stress is also bad for health, including skin health.  Also do not go to a med spa because those people are not train to deal with acne scar properly. Do your research and go to a doctor you can trust. The process will be very slow and you won't see results until months or years later. Don't give up hope because things will get better. 

before after.jpg

I also had problem skin in college. It is rather related to age. And sometimes even we do not notice how dirty our fingers touch our skin with pens or pencils in educational institutions. This can also cause skin problems. 

MemberMember
(@gentledove96)

Posted : 11/28/2022 10:58 pm

truly gorgeous results! <3