Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 05/20/2021 9:11 pm

My scars went from hardly noticeable to severe and extremely noticeable in a 3 months span due to 20lbs weight loss. Seems like most of the fat I lost was in my face which was not really what I was going for. If I stretch my skin my scars pretty much go to how they were before and become not noticeable. How can I fix this? Will gaining weight fix it lol or do I need filler

MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 05/25/2021 7:14 pm

On 5/20/2021 at 10:11 PM, Acnescarssuck123 said:

My scars went from hardly noticeable to severe and extremely noticeable in a 3 months span due to 20lbs weight loss. Seems like most of the fat I lost was in my face which was not really what I was going for. If I stretch my skin my scars pretty much go to how they were before and become not noticeable. How can I fix this? Will gaining weight fix it lol or do I need filler

Hi. This is normal. The best way to get advise would be to visit a dermatologist in your area. I would recommend to visit multiple ones before settling on one because some doctors are looking to line their pockets. When it comes to scars, they will offer treatments/procedures. Try to stay away from permanent proceduresthat you cant undo without a lot of research and exhausting other scar revision methods. This may get expensive depending on a lot of factors. No doctor has the same price for all procedures, everything is negotiable. You must becomeeducated in types of scars and machines/methods that target reducing scars to reduce the chances of morally corrupt doctors and overpaying for something that really should be 70% off the price quoted by doctors. I say this to alert you to that it takes much more than just signing into acne.org and youd be on your merry way.

The free and less time consuming method is to just love yourself. So, you have a few scars. So does a large percentage of the population. I would argue that 90% of the population has scars somewhere on their body, its the beauty of living a fruitful life. I highly doubt someone looks at you and thinks about your scars. Truth is, youre only thinking about it because you are viewing yourself with a magnifying glass. Scars are completely normal. You could go your whole life living it completely fine with no issues regarding having scars, there is no real measurable difference. You hold the power to your own peace. I know this is hard to realize just by some random text on the internet but this is the absolute truth. I only realized this after wasting so much time, energy and money. Yeah, I have less noticeable scars after many years of obsessing but I also have less time and money. People look at you just the same, whether you have scars on your face or not, because its the whole you that they look at, not little parts of you. I feel it is highly important to realize this because you wont find peace otherwise. I can tell you to go get X treatment with X doctor and it may seem like Im giving you gold but Im not. The true gold is loving yourself and maintaining yourconfidence. Dont be so hard on yourself. I truly wish someone told me this before I started all this, I probably would have done more things and met more people and lived a richer life. But oh, this darn world with its hyper focus on pictures and looking in the mirror! You start to demonize your appearance when you truly have nothing wrong! This is my opinion, choose what you want to take from it.

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 05/26/2021 4:53 pm

21 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

Hi. This is normal. The best way to get advise would be to visit a dermatologist in your area. I would recommend to visit multiple ones before settling on one because some doctors are looking to line their pockets. When it comes to scars, they will offer treatments/procedures. Try to stay away from permanent proceduresthat you cant undo without a lot of research and exhausting other scar revision methods. This may get expensive depending on a lot of factors. No doctor has the same price for all procedures, everything is negotiable. You must becomeeducated in types of scars and machines/methods that target reducing scars to reduce the chances of morally corrupt doctors and overpaying for something that really should be 70% off the price quoted by doctors. I say this to alert you to that it takes much more than just signing into acne.org and youd be on your merry way.

The free and less time consuming method is to just love yourself. So, you have a few scars. So does a large percentage of the population. I would argue that 90% of the population has scars somewhere on their body, its the beauty of living a fruitful life. I highly doubt someone looks at you and thinks about your scars. Truth is, youre only thinking about it because you are viewing yourself with a magnifying glass. Scars are completely normal. You could go your whole life living it completely fine with no issues regarding having scars, there is no real measurable difference. You hold the power to your own peace. I know this is hard to realize just by some random text on the internet but this is the absolute truth. I only realized this after wasting so much time, energy and money. Yeah, I have less noticeable scars after many years of obsessing but I also have less time and money. People look at you just the same, whether you have scars on your face or not, because its the whole you that they look at, not little parts of you. I feel it is highly important to realize this because you wont find peace otherwise. I can tell you to go get X treatment with X doctor and it may seem like Im giving you gold but Im not. The true gold is loving yourself and maintaining yourconfidence. Dont be so hard on yourself. I truly wish someone told me this before I started all this, I probably would have done more things and met more people and lived a richer life. But oh, this darn world with its hyper focus on pictures and looking in the mirror! You start to demonize your appearance when you truly have nothing wrong! This is my opinion, choose what you want to take from it.

Thanks for this reply. I agree with you and I think its better to accept them before trying to fix them. Its just very difficult because even looking in the mirror or seeing a picture taken of me is very hard. Thanks for your words they are very kind and have a lot of truth behind them. I will try hard to accept them before continuing to go down this rabbit hole.

MemberMember
(@wish-we-could-go-back-in-time)

Posted : 05/26/2021 6:45 pm

On 5/21/2021 at 3:11 AM, Acnescarssuck123 said:

Share some pics of your scars in the worst lighting possible and I'm sure someone will give u some good advice. You said ur scars pretty much disappear if you stretch your skin so that means they aren't tethered and you won't need subcision, or so I heard. But it's best if you share pics and someone knowledgable will give you great advice