Notifications
Clear all

Hi, I would like some advice on what type of scarring I have and how best to treat it

MemberMember
(@cheersaslanianggmail-com)

Posted : 05/03/2021 1:04 pm

I've attached a number of photo's and hopefully a video (if it transfers properly) that showcases my scarring in a number of lights. I've been on 20mg of roaccutane (isotretinoin) since October 20th and get off this December so I won't be able to get any treatment until June 2022. However, any recommended dermatologists would be much appreciated (preferably in the North West of England). Additionally, any recommendations for topical treatments to reduce the hyperpigmentation would be appreciated. I was using rosehip oil for this but i'm not sure if It worked or if it was just time that did the healing.

First pic is probably the worst possible light for my scarring - don't think I'd ever realistically be in that light but I just used it to showcase the extent of my scarring on that side of my face. Also sorry for the scraggly bears, its coming off soonIMG_0375.jpg.547696e4fbf92e8c7e4c7dcd03f33cf2.jpgIMG_0573.jpg.2a7dc60be6ab374752ed43d3adba846b.jpgIMG_0375.jpg.547696e4fbf92e8c7e4c7dcd03f33cf2.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0633 (1).jpg

IMG_0649 (1).jpg

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 05/07/2021 9:01 pm

I'm horrible at recognizing scar types mainly differentiating between box and rolling, but your pigmentation looks like PIE. As far as topical treatments, apparently vitamin c, silicon sheets, andjust timeis supposed to help but personally mine have been there for forever. Haven't tried the silicon sheets but vitamin c didn't seem to help and time sure as hell hasn't. Worst case you can do lasers like v beam (I just got this), excel v, or other pulsed dye lasers to get rid of the marks (only if they're PIE which I think yours is).

Completely unrelated -I'm a guy but I just got to say you got nice eyes lol. I wish I had that color

Parmesan liked
MemberMember
(@cheersaslanianggmail-com)

Posted : 05/11/2021 6:59 am

On 5/8/2021 at 3:01 AM, acknee4life said:

I'm horrible at recognizing scar types mainly differentiating between box and rolling, but your pigmentation looks like PIE. As far as topical treatments, apparently vitamin c, silicon sheets, and just time is supposed to help but personally mine have been there for forever. Haven't tried the silicon sheets but vitamin c didn't seem to help and time sure as hell hasn't. Worst case you can do lasers like v beam (I just got this), excel v, or other pulsed dye lasers to get rid of the marks (only if they're PIE which I think yours is). 

Completely unrelated - I'm a guy but I just got to say you got nice eyes lol. I wish I had that color

I will look into the topicals you recommended thank you. How long has your PIE stayed, mine currently ranges from 6 months old to a month. I think time is healing it slowly. Also thank you for the eye compliment!! They're probably my only redeeming feature now that my face has been all torn up 

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 05/11/2021 2:13 pm

7 hours ago, Parmesan said:

I will look into the topicals you recommended thank you. How long has your PIE stayed, mine currently ranges from 6 months old to a month. I think time is healing it slowly. Also thank you for the eye compliment!! They're probably my only redeeming feature now that my face has been all torn up 

Lol I wouldn't say that. Your scars don't look all that bad, but as someone who overtcriticizes my own face, I would understand if you don't believe me lol.

Honestly, I feel like my PIE stays for a few months minimum but I think I'm not of the norm. Most of my spots are from years ago that have no sign of going away. I'm hoping the v beam I got works. I'll probably upload pics after my 2nd treatment whenever that is.