Notifications
Clear all

ADVICE needed before considering phenol peel with Dr. Rullan

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 02/23/2021 12:53 pm

So before I decide to do a phenol peel with Dr. Rullan in Junehere are some pictures of my skin. I have been on and off on these forums for many, many years and have done treatments of all kind for over a decade. I find everyone on here very knowledgeable and helpful soadvice would be much appreciated.I am doing another subcision and filler in the fat loss area on the cheeks (caused by fraxel repair and highly recommend people avoid lasers at all costs) before I go ahead and do the phenol in June. My scars in the centres of my cheeks are from an at home chemical burn from thirteen years ago and the rest of my texture issues are a result of a few years of acne along with some damage from the laser which brought out new issues (as you can see I have many scarred pores). My forehead used to be smooth like my chin and mouth area but when I did laser on this area I immediately got texture issues there so I have realized that me and heat don't get along.

I last did laser sometime in 2017-2018 and I have done only microneedling sessions since then (last one was a few months ago) and my at home care routine is tazorac, niacinamide product, and a moisturizer so a very basic skincare routine. When I wear makeup I can camouflage everything extremely well and use a product called dermaflage to fill in some of my scars.

Dr. Rullan and his staff that I have met twice and keep in contact with through email think I would benefit a lot from the modified phenol peel.Also, my scars in the central part of my cheeks are slightly hypopigmented, as well.Would the phenol peel be beneficial or could it potentially cause worse issues? My biggest concern is what it would do the pigment of already hypopigmented areas.

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/16/2021 1:29 pm

Take it from me, someone who is type 5 and badly hypopigmented from Rullan's phenol treatment -- don't do it if you don't want those areas to get worse/add to it. Do TCA instead. It may widen the scar but at least your color eventually returns

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/17/2021 3:34 am

14 hours ago, LivingWithFaith said:

Take it from me, someone who is type 5 and badly hypopigmented from Rullan's phenol treatment -- don't do it if you don't want those areas to get worse/add to it. Do TCA instead. It may widen the scar but at least your color eventually returns

I dont get it , why he performed phenol high conc on fitzpatrick 5 ? What was his response when it happened to you ? What did he suggest ? Did he offered some help ?

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/17/2021 1:51 pm

10 hours ago, Miro said:

I dont get it , why he performed phenol high conc on fitzpatrick 5 ? What was his response when it happened to you ? What did he suggest ? Did he offered some help ?

I didn't follow up. I was so (and still) depressedafter that happened that I just gave up. His assistant Amy (who's an angel)tried to follow up a few times, but I didn't reply. I mean, what's the solution for this? The pigment is just gone.I'm so tired of being screwed over by these doctors

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/17/2021 10:25 pm

8 hours ago, LivingWithFaith said:

I didn't follow up. I was so (and still) depressedafter that happened that I just gave up. His assistant Amy (who's an angel)tried to follow up a few times, but I didn't reply. I mean, what's the solution for this? The pigment is just gone.I'm so tired of being screwed over by these doctors

Well from what i know hypopigmentation is irreversible but maybe u should try to consult with him , what he suggests ?