Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone gone to Dr. Shanthala in Peabody, MA?

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 09/22/2020 6:56 pm

I'm thinking about going to Dr. Shanthala as she is the only MD in my area to offer subcision for my deep acne scars.

However she is not a dermatologist or a surgeon, she is an anesthesiologist. Also, I can't seem to find any before and after photos from her specifically for subcision, but her review are good and she has videos of subcision procedure on Facebook, just no before and after photos.

Also, her office wants to schedule only procedures without consultation, basically like a mini consultation right before the procedure instead, which seems kind of weird.

I was hoping someone here had a good experience with her doing subcision?

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 09/22/2020 11:23 pm

I havent, but inmy opinion, reviews and before/afterscan only get you so far. You dont know whats actually true and whats doctored.

To me, a consultation willprovide a lot moreinsight. Arm yourself with info that you find here and fromother sources,and then ask a lot of questions. Like how often does this person perform the procedure?Why is this treatmentbetter than another type? If they give convincing answers,youwill havea better idea of thedoctors skill.Also, the fact that they have a video of the procedure is promising.

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 09/23/2020 1:37 am

2 hours ago, squeezeMcQueen said:

I havent, but inmy opinion, reviews and before/afterscan only get you so far. You dont know whats actually true and whats doctored.

To me, a consultation willprovide a lot moreinsight. Arm yourself with info that you find here and fromother sources,and then ask a lot of questions. Like how often does this person perform the procedure?Why is this treatmentbetter than another type? If they give convincing answers,youwill havea better idea of thedoctors skill.Also, the fact that they have a video of the procedure is promising.

Thank you for your advice. So do you think I should demand a consultation or just ask the questions before the procedure like her office suggests?

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 09/23/2020 11:47 am

10 hours ago, Cool.username said:

Thank you for your advice. So do you think I should demand a consultation or just ask the questions before the procedure like her office suggests?

I think whatever time is necessary to make you feel comfortable. If you feel you can evaluate the doctormoments before the procedure, then you can do that. Or if you want more time to think about the answers, then try to get a consultation separate from the procedure.

Also, another option would be toaskthe questions to the doctor over the phone. There would be no assessment of your scars, but it would give you the verbal information I think is valuable.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 09/25/2020 9:21 pm

Mass guy here. Have considered using her for years. Basically one of the only in the area I felt comfortable with. I TRULY believe she does her research. I know she is a heavy follower of Dr weiner and that she is constantly following the best procedures.That being said I think the past few years has spiked the amount of doctors who will perform subcision so there may be other options around the area.

As far as i'm aware she does not do that many acne scar patients compared to doctors who specialize in mainly acne scars. If you have scars on your cheeks, etc I say go for it. She told me she probably wouldn't do my temple region.

If it's for cheek subcision with filler, tca cross, and rf microneedling you are probably safe. That being said I have decided that when I finally decide to start treatment I will be flying out to see Rullan.

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 09/28/2020 8:08 pm

On 9/25/2020 at 10:21 PM, thepwhisp said:

Mass guy here. Have considered using her for years. Basically one of the only in the area I felt comfortable with. I TRULY believe she does her research. I know she is a heavy follower of Dr weiner and that she is constantly following the best procedures.That being said I think the past few years has spiked the amount of doctors who will perform subcision so there may be other options around the area.

As far as i'm aware she does not do that many acne scar patients compared to doctors who specialize in mainly acne scars. If you have scars on your cheeks, etc I say go for it. She told me she probably wouldn't do my temple region.

If it's for cheek subcision with filler, tca cross, and rf microneedling you are probably safe. That being said I have decided that when I finally decide to start treatment I will be flying out to see Rullan.

Yep.Actually I called her and she said she wouldn't do temples so I'm looking at going to NYC now unfortunately. Most of my scars are at my temples. I think since she is not a derm or a surgeon she doesn't do anything that has any risk.

MemberMember
(@seba-nadeefgmail-com)

Posted : 08/18/2021 11:08 am

On 9/22/2020 at 7:56 PM, Cool.username said:

I'm thinking about going to Dr. Shanthala as she is the only MD in my area to offer subcision for my deep acne scars.

However she is not a dermatologist or a surgeon, she is an anesthesiologist. Also, I can't seem to find any before and after photos from her specifically for subcision, but her review are good and she has videos of subcision procedure on Facebook, just no before and after photos.

Also, her office wants to schedule only procedures without consultation, basically like a mini consultation right before the procedure instead, which seems kind of weird.

I was hoping someone here had a good experience with her doing subcision?

I have the same problem, and I am very down beccause of my skin. I have seen many good reviews about her and I am not sure if I should go. The prices are extremely expensive in Boston and i AM NOT SURE WHY plus not the majority are familiar with subcision. Please let me know which DR you went too in NY and did you find any improvment?