Notifications
Clear all

Anyone have experience with subcision/fillers

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 12/30/2019 9:27 am

Hi everyone

I plan on getting subcision/fillers for my boxcars and rolling scars which iveheard gets good results.

I know fillers arent permanent but because it prevents the scars from re-tethering would the results still hold up even when the filler is gone?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/30/2019 1:05 pm

It depends, its the moment of truth when filler deplets. scars , dents will reappear, but they should be in better condition then before, thats called improvement, thats why is important to have before photos. I red on net that scars rarely .

Whichever the filler used, the current evidence suggests that scars rarely return to their previous state due to the subcision and the collagen growth and repair on a cellular level, even after all the filler material has been degraded (Aesthetics Journal, Jul 2015).

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 12/30/2019 1:27 pm

Not sure there is an equivocal answer here given how we all heal differently.

But as Miro has stated, I've also heard there is evidence of scar improvement (after the filler is gone) due to the re-growth of collagen.

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 01/03/2020 2:58 pm

My deepest cystscarhas improved a lotwith an HA filler and cannula subcisioneven years after the filler isgone it looks good,the biggest improvement was after my first subcision, CO2laser never worked for it.. butmy other scars that were more textural/less deep stayed the same filler was gone after only few days - not best subcision candidates I guess. I am yet to try the Infini RF.

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 01/03/2020 4:17 pm

The newest is Genius RF. Thinkingabout it too.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/06/2020 3:49 am

On 1/3/2020 at 10:17 PM, Sibel said:

The newest is Genius RF. Thinkingabout it too.

Hi Sibel,

I read that you are a patient of Dr Emil and that you're thinking about Genius RF too. Do you think it would give good improvement? Have you hadthe Genius done?

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 06/08/2020 8:29 pm

Dr.Emil has good results with GenRF. I have not doneit yet. I will give it a try on some scars when it is poss to go to Denmark. The boundaries are still closed.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/09/2020 5:05 am

8 hours ago, Sibel said:

Dr.Emil has good results with GenRF. I have not doneit yet. I will give it a try on some scars when it is poss to go to Denmark. The boundaries are still closed.

Thanks @SibelI've readsome pretty inspiring and promising reviews of the GenRF. From what I research it's well worth trying out. As I am based in Uk, I'll have to travel. To Denmark, too.