Notifications
Clear all

New here , feeling vulnerable

MemberMember
(@narjbel)

Posted : 05/11/2019 9:21 am

Hi all,

first time posting and feeling nervous to be putting my pictures out here. As all of you, struggled painfully with acne all of my 20s and with skin picking and hating myself , these are the scars I™ve been left with. My biggest regret in life is probably not having found accutane at an earlier stage and preventing any scarring . Anywho, I™ve done two Fraxel laser treatments three years ago with pretty good results (20%) about .: evened out my tone and softened my scars. I would like to continue scar treatment now ( not looking for perfection but if i can get up to 80% improvement I would be extactic ). I™m absolutely terrified to pick the wrong method/ doctor and make my scars worse ( which would honestly send me down crashing). So I thought to post here and hope you lovely people can help me with your expertise on what I should do and who to see.. I live in Canada but willing to travel for best doctor. Would rather spend more money traveling than fixing someone™s work. ( and please be kind , I know scars are bad , and don™t want to read how bad they are from others, I™m trying to work on my sensitivity) . Kind regards 

BA52A098-3201-4F56-94DC-5C69589D437C.png

7F0F5D14-A28E-4190-AFDD-280A20C5E31B.png

2F519B33-9771-4690-8811-5CD907A9F742.jpeg

5B175C87-D7AF-4787-8C1E-854857123B73.jpeg

95EB421D-5A31-4D1B-8C8B-B5A588BA38E3.png

35447E24-F58A-47E3-A4A4-4C566E2E8FB9.png

4E4E4430-03C1-4EC1-A755-32DFA8858A80.png

0B00F0A4-FD71-40E4-9548-3CA9130205DB.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/11/2019 9:43 am

@NarjbelHi there, thanks for your patience, I was going to respond to your message but I see you posted here as well. I get over 100 per day of the worst scar cases to help by PM, it takes me 24-hrs to respond.

Here is what I see, ethnic skin type, icepicks, linear scars, box cars, hyperpigmentation. mainly surface issues. CAN sadly I hear does not have the best scar treating Dr's. Perhaps you know of one. Maybe you can find one in the northern states - USA(See FAQ) or Dr Rullan - San Diego (once a year if that is all you can do).

Never start with laser treat the deeeeepest problem and move to surface resurfacing.

* From the pics I don't see anywhere that subcision would help, ... could be wrong ask the Dr if you need this in addition. But for the Icepicks and small box cars I would do several sessions of TCA Cross. This is the main thing needed. Make sure the Dr specializes in treating your skin type, ask how many patients of month do you see who do this procedure, how many patients that are my ethnicity have you treated, and do you have any photos I can see of patients you treated. There are some Dr's in the FAQ that treat ethnic patients see that post pinned to the main scar treatments sub, .... bottom of that post, search for ethnic.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.