Notifications
Clear all

17 year old with Acne scarring looking for assistance

MemberMember
(@rainbowsix17)

Posted : 04/10/2019 3:40 pm

So I had acne for a lil bit and was told not to pop zits because they would scar and guess what, LOL. I guess I kinda got lucky since it's only on the side of my face. Anyways I just wanted to know what type of scars I have and what I can do about them, like subcision or tca or something else. I have dermarolled twice with a .5mm and I have a 1mm and 1.5mm but don't know if I should do the 1.5mm at home or not since that seems kinda deep. I have a daily routine and I wear spf and put on Tazarotene at night. Also what kind of results can I expect with treatment since I am still a teen?Screenshot_20190410-161153.png.c222f2b3db567d0c99880dab04f7c70a.png

Oh I forgot to mention they disappear when I stretch them out too

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/11/2019 8:58 am

@RainbowSix17As you are 17 and in some countries considered a minor until 17 I must be careful with my advice.

The FAQ is located in the main Scar Treatments Forum, pinned to the top there, goto the bottom of that, Dr's are there. I would consult with a few Dr's weather plastic surgeons, dermatologists, see a few and pick the one you like best. If there is not a Dr nearby to you here are a few options, call the office of the prospective Dr. Ask do you do Subcision and do you use a Cannula or Nokor needle to do it. Ask how many they do a month and if they treat your skin type (only if you have ethnic skin) - they should do quite a few a month if experienced. The other option is to call the local dermatology college and ask where you can have subcision done. Reviews are on yelp.com and realself.com (be prepared, they may pay for good reviews, ... bad ones do not mean the Dr is bad - use your best judgement if they are reasonable or not. The average derm has 3 stars or under on most sites because of the waiting room wait time or the cost).

I think you could use multiple sessions of subcision 3-8, ... perhaps some filler if the Dr will do this, and some rf needling. At your age you have a good prognosis. I would not do further laser and harsher treatments as your young and will heal naturally if the collagen is stimulated. In fact you can just try some subcisions and see. If you cannot afford filler do Chinese Cupping(amazon) for a total of a month after your subcisions. You want to wait 3 months between treatments regardless of what the Dr says as the skin is sloooooow to heal.

Buy a dermastamp(cheap) and do this at home on them if you wish between treatments.