Notifications
Clear all

Scar Identification and Treatment Suggestions (B-Ambition?)

MemberMember
(@harskinhelpme)

Posted : 03/26/2019 5:03 pm

Hello!

I've been to a couple clinics and I keep getting different suggestions ranging from chemical peel to microneedling to laser treatments. I'm not sure which doctor/clinic to listen to and was hoping to get help and suggestions on here on what route to go. I've attached pictures of my acne scars and was looking for feedback on what type of scaring I have and the recommended course of treatment and any referrals on doctors with good reputations in Charlotte, NC area.IMG_9572.thumb.jpeg.7dfd60d65261677d9c28a93a5692fd57.jpegIMG_9571.thumb.jpeg.092b42312f8fbce10c65ca6a2b1bb60f.jpegIMG_9570.thumb.jpeg.e8b819c67b07b2840a08768e32617cca.jpeg

the first three pictures are of one side and this last picture is of the other side of my face.IMG_9573.thumb.jpeg.6f0879ef3957f759e5ca1637dcf7a415.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/27/2019 9:02 am

@harskinhelpmeAre these fresh scars. It looks like wounding post acne, called PIE(redness). IF so you should consider some treatments of ematrix - also called sublative rf. Vascular laser can also be used for the redness. The ematrix would help a bit with your early scarring.

Have you tried to dermastamp these at home or use a derminator(google) on them monthly. Also alternating glycolic peels.The single needle attachment could be used on the scar walls to soften them.

[Content removed]

MemberMember
(@harskinhelpme)

Posted : 03/27/2019 1:22 pm

I will try to upload some more pictures with better lighting.

IMG_9579.jpeg

IMG_9578.jpeg

IMG_9577.jpeg

IMG_9575.jpeg

All these are pictures of my right cheek except the very last picture is of my left cheek.

IMG_9576.jpeg

@beautifulambition Thank you so much for replying, I have been to multiple clinics that keep recommending different treatments so I was really confused on which doctor to believe and go with, I will check out the doctors recommended in my area through realself and here as you mentioned.

My scars are not new at all, they are very old I have had them for 3 or so years. My current skincare routine is as follows:

Morning: Wash face with CeraVe foaming facial cleanser or Obagi all skin types gentle cleanser, Neutrogena Hydraboost gel-cream for extra dry skin

Night: Wash face with CeraVe foaming facial cleanser or Obagi all skin types gentle cleanser, Neutrogena Hydraboost gel-cream for extra dry skin, wait for that to dry then apply adapalene gel .3%

I had tried an at home dermaroller a while back maybe a year ago and did not see any results so I stopped using it after a few months.  My main concern is to get rid of the indented scars because the hyper and hypo pigmentation issues look fine some days and worse other days and i feel I might be able to fix them with some over counter products like pixi glow tonic maybe and with a laser if it comes to that?

One skin clinic with an MD mentioned I should do a Vi Peel and then microneedling sessions and ND Yag Aerolase 

another skin clinic with an MD mentioned I should do infini treatments but that was back in 2016 and I have set up a followup consultation to see what they would recommend currently

another skin clinic where I just met with an esthetician suggested 3 low intensity chemical peels

I met with another clinic today also that had an esthetician that suggested 4-6 treatments of VenusVersa TriBella RF (fractional resurfacing) and photofacial and a one week followup with each session for light therapy/facials/peels as needed.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/28/2019 10:32 am

@harskinhelpme

Ok So you have persistent erythema, have you been checked out for hormonal acne?

I think several are offering light treatments because your scars are not deep or severe.

Your main issue is the PIE on the cheeks. As such you can get vascular laser for this. Aerolase is one such laser or V-beam. Photofacial would be in this type of treatment.

[Content removed]