Notifications
Clear all

Does this scar treatment sound reasonable?

MemberMember
(@halfmiler91)

Posted : 01/16/2019 4:58 pm

After two courses of accutane, I finally cleared my acne and I'm looking to get rid of some old scarring (picture attached) that consists mostly of some depressed scars (not awful, but it's been persistent and I want to be rid of it). I went to Dr. Edwin Ishoo in Boston and he recommended the following treatment: Fraxel 1550nm LASER treatment along with limited scision and kicroneedling of the depressed facial acne scars. It'd be one session of the laser, needling, and subcision, along with some followup peels, all for $1850. I have no knowledge or experience in this area: does this all seem reasonable? 

pic.001.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/17/2019 7:40 am

@halfmiler91You have one of the mildest cases of "scars" I have seen in a long time - rolling scars mainly that are textural, many have these irregularities with normal skin. Red marks are easy to treat, vascular laser. You need botox between your eyebrows and this is a standard spot of lines to appear, get some co2 laser or some rf needling as well if you wish. Boxcars you can do some co2 laser or some rf needling. I can't tell the depth of the scars on the cheek, as the light is not directional with a flashlight - shadows, but they look superficial(so you don't need subcision if so - But Ishoo thinks so so do that).

Ishoo is a laser Dr so he could possibly work for you. I definitely think you need botox.

Microneedling you can do at home first before any treatment, ... you could also do some acid peels at a local spa or at home for surface textural scars.

$1850, sure, he's doing laser and all that. Laser is expensive(unless it's vascular). If you don't like the price shop around, see 3 derms and or plastics and pick the one you like best.