Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scarring 2018 - 2019

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 08/16/2019 6:16 am

14 hours ago, hilalela said:

Can you upload some photos after TCA paint you had? I am very curious how it looks like after procedure and on your type of scars.

You literally can't tell a difference. No visible change so far.

MemberMember
(@hilalela)

Posted : 08/16/2019 3:07 pm

I meant scabs straight after procedure. Are there no scabs? I was curious what kind of scars he decided to paint with TCA.. I would not think you have any ice pick or boxcar scarring that would respond to TCA..

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 08/16/2019 4:48 pm

1 hour ago, hilalela said:

I meant scabs straight after procedure. Are there no scabs? I was curious what kind of scars he decided to paint with TCA.. I would not think you have any ice pick or boxcar scarring that would respond to TCA..

Emil said there would be scabs after 3 days but I am yet to see any so I don't know. And yes I agree in those pics it is hard to see any boxcars but they are there.

MemberMember
(@general_rommel)

Posted : 08/16/2019 6:12 pm

I performed TCA cross on myself and didn't get any scabs on some scars either, they just went red. Don't think it's a scab, just red.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 08/23/2019 9:05 am

Sorry to take over this thread, bit i have one question. @beautifulambition today i received subcision and sculptra from Dr. Henningsen. He mentioned that is possible to do a rf needling session after some months to enhance the results. I don't want to let any other Dr my face anymore, so that means I have to travel again. Is it possible that I dermastamp at home?

Also, should I massage the area?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/23/2019 6:15 pm

@Noa27Consult with your Dr concerning this, he knows best how it was injected. Many ways to use this product. Yes you can do microneedline once per month, allow a month to heal, rf needling you can do after 3 months

MemberMember
(@general_rommel)

Posted : 08/24/2019 6:28 am

21 hours ago, Noa27 said:

Sorry to take over this thread, bit i have one question. @beautifulambition today i received subcision and sculptra from Dr. Henningsen. He mentioned that is possible to do a rf needling session after some months to enhance the results. I don't want to let any other Dr my face anymore, so that means I have to travel again. Is it possible that I dermastamp at home?

How was the subcision + sculptra?

MemberMember
(@hilalela)

Posted : 08/24/2019 6:57 am

21 hours ago, Noa27 said:

Heey can you post some photos how you look after subcision with dr Emil. I just received a 'subcision' with filler from some random derm and I would like to compare severity of mine and yours.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 08/25/2019 4:23 am

@hilalela@General_Rommelit takes time because of the sculptra. Sculptra promotes collagen which is not to be seen in the first weeks.

It's been only 2 days ago, I don't see anything besides swelling.

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 12/20/2019 6:27 am

Haven't updated in a while

Saw emil yesterday:

Subcision, TCA Cross, Genius, and some vasculare laser for redness.

Things are looking so much better that I'm really not bothered enough to keep posting on this site, but I will update you all in a couple of weeks with a photo.

Hilalela, JohnThegreat, malia02 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/30/2019 5:12 pm

On 12/20/2019 at 12:27 PM, JohnMarston said:

Haven't updated in a while

Saw emil yesterday:

Subcision, TCA Cross, Genius, and some vasculare laser for redness.

Things are looking so much better that I'm really not bothered enough to keep posting on this site, but I will update you all in a couple of weeks with a photo.

So u did subcision without filler + Genius RF microneedling ? I wanna try that with Dr Emil too, let us know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@cleanbowling)

Posted : 12/30/2019 5:44 pm

On 1/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, JohnMarston said:

Yes, great price, and an excellent Dr. He could charge thousands if he wanted and people would still pay... he isn't after the money though I believe he genuinely wants to help unlike all the medspas that push lasers to try and make as much £££ as possible. Are you in the UK? if so I highly recommend seeing him, I can PM you his contact details as they are quite hard to find :) Certainly feel more relaxed, looking forward to treatment now :) @acne_skin_queen

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 01/03/2020 7:13 pm

Please tell more about Genius and how is the face straight after, 1st day, 2d. So it wasSub and then Genius straight after? Going to do G as well. What is your impression?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 01/09/2020 9:34 am

On 1/4/2020 at 1:13 AM, Sibel said:

Please tell more about Genius and how is the face straight after, 1st day, 2d. So it wasSub and then Genius straight after? Going to do G as well. What is your impression?

I wonder myself, som people claim they had grid marks almost for month when they did RF microneedling

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 02/28/2020 5:07 pm

~ Just over a year ago VS today

25/12/18 -> 28/02/20

Treatments:

All of my treatments were with Dr. Emil Henningsen in DK. I highly recommend him, the results clearly speak for themselves and he is an incredibly jovial guy. :) 

I believe I have had:

3x Subcision (1 Nokor, 2 Cannula) With HA Filler

2x TCA Cross

1x Genius RF

Future Plans

My confidence has improved greatly since I first started seeing Emil and I feel that seeing him in future could continue to improve my self-esteem. I am very pleased with the results. I have some boxcars left, and perhaps it would be wise to do a fully ablative laser resurfacing or deep chemical peel to conclude our treatments... I will see, the trips to DK and back within a day are quite exhuasting, but worth it :) 

Will keep you updated with upcoming treatments, last treatment was 3 months ago so all there is absoloutely no swelling in any of the after pics :) 

b+a.jpg

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 02/28/2020 5:42 pm

If you are in Europe you should 100% see Emil. Don't compromise! So thankful@beautifulambitionrecomended him

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 02/29/2020 8:10 am

The biggest issue for me now seems to be PIE, it seems to take forever to fade for me. I still have PIE from several months ago so perhaps I will do a few IPL treatments here in the UK. Also considering increasing Isotretinoin dose to 60mg/day and if that doesn't stop the few pimples I still get I will just do another course.... The scars have improved significantly, and that was my main goal. Now the PIE is really the most unsightly aspect of my skin. I only get small pimples, and usually only every so often but as I say it takes ages for the PIE to fade :( Seeing derm soon will discuss increasing dose. He wasn't too pleased with me taking 40mg / day as a 'maintenance dose' but my bloodwork was all normal...

Lots of progress since last year, lets hope for the same this year! May also be getting surgery for something unrelated soon, hopefully I don't need it but I hope that won't delay any progress.

Intense Pulse Laser x 3 (UK)

2 - 3 more treatments with Emil (DK) Genius, TCA, and Laser resurfacing to finish off. Then I think I will finally be content with my skin, I am significantly more confident that I was this time last year so I hope to see that trend perpetuate :) 

Good luck to you all! And feel free to put me in the successful cases BA if you feel that's appropriate.

MemberMember
(@cleanbowling)

Posted : 05/13/2020 10:16 pm

On 2/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, JohnMarston said:

The biggest issue for me now seems to be PIE, it seems to take forever to fade for me. I still have PIE from several months ago so perhaps I will do a few IPL treatments here in the UK. Also considering increasing Isotretinoin dose to 60mg/day and if that doesn't stop the few pimples I still get I will just do another course.... The scars have improved significantly, and that was my main goal. Now the PIE is really the most unsightly aspect of my skin. I only get small pimples, and usually only every so often but as I say it takes ages for the PIE to fade :( Seeing derm soon will discuss increasing dose. He wasn't too pleased with me taking 40mg / day as a 'maintenance dose' but my bloodwork was all normal...

Lots of progress since last year, lets hope for the same this year! May also be getting surgery for something unrelated soon, hopefully I don't need it but I hope that won't delay any progress.

Intense Pulse Laser x 3 (UK)

2 - 3 more treatments with Emil (DK) Genius, TCA, and Laser resurfacing to finish off. Then I think I will finally be content with my skin, I am significantly more confident that I was this time last year so I hope to see that trend perpetuate :) 

Good luck to you all! And feel free to put me in the successful cases BA if you feel that's appropriate.

This is amazing!! Sooo happy for you! The results are amazingggg!!

YASSSSSS!!!!!

BA has told me to go to Emil from day 1, but i went to another Dr in London who is abit cheaper!  - results were just okay but i feel like im just wasting money where i can use the same money towards Dr Emil, so I finally plucked up the courage to go see him! Did some do my research and checked alot of reviews on him! Everyone has said the same that he is really sweet and really good at acne scar revision, cant wait! 

Planning to see Dr Emil in a few months time - when I have abit more money saved up! - will also be doing a day trip from London! - Will be hectic BUT defo worth it. Good luck in the rest of your treatments with Dr Emil :) and thanks again for your thread you are sooo informative of every aspect of your acne journey, treatments & results!

Thank you! 

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 09/06/2021 4:42 pm

Hello All

Long time no see. My scars are still looking very good and much improved, however I would like to do as much as possible in this final year that I will be living at home before heading to university. I plan to do 2 more subcisions followed by FA laser to conclude all treatment for the foreseeable future.

I will keep you updated as and when these events transpire, good luck to you all, and let my results remind you that there is absolutely hope.

You liked
MemberMember
(@drezzibongprotonmail-com)

Posted : 09/07/2021 9:59 am

I imagine most of ur pie is gone by now?]

It isnt permanent so a couple of years reduce it by a lot, do things look much better without it?

Im just starting my journey, what do you think was the most effective treatment you had?

congrats btw

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 09/07/2021 11:02 am

59 minutes ago, scarredforlife95 said:

I imagine most of ur pie is gone by now?]

It isnt permanent so a couple of years reduce it by a lot, do things look much better without it?

Im just starting my journey, what do you think was the most effective treatment you had?

congrats btw

Yes most of my PIE has faded but I still have some surprisingly.

Subcision by far had the biggest effect for me, but it really depends on the type of scarring you have. I have mostly rolling scars which respond well to subcision.

MemberMember
(@jestinedgrhotmail-com)

Posted : 08/08/2022 9:19 pm

On 9/7/2021 at 12:42 AM, JohnMarston said:

Hello All

Long time no see. My scars are still looking very good and much improved, however I would like to do as much as possible in this final year that I will be living at home before heading to university. I plan to do 2 more subcisions followed by FA laser to conclude all treatment for the foreseeable future.

I will keep you updated as and when these events transpire, good luck to you all, and let my results remind you that there is absolutely hope.

hey can u update please about ur acne scar treatments with emil

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)
MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/04/2023 7:21 pm

@jestinedgrhotmail-com see above

MemberMember
(@pinokyu)

Posted : 01/04/2023 8:55 pm

Posted by: @johnmarston

@jestinedgrhotmail-com see above

Looks good mate. Very nice. I'm in western spain, and it's a longer travel to DK than from the UK, but how much difference do you reckon going to dr. Emil makes vs a different dermatologist who performs the same procedures?