Notifications
Clear all

My acne/scar story. Need to talk

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 10/24/2018 12:33 pm

Hello everyone I hope you are all fine !

I just wanted to talk today about my acne/scar situation.

I always had a good skin, when i was in high school (until 18 yo in France) i was not worried about acne, i even thought that i would never have.. If only I knew what was going to happen to me..

I went to Erasmus two years ago and started to break out just after a traumatism I had over there..

I wasn™t worried about that, I had a healthy lifestyle in France and I thought : « it is gonna leave when I will go back »
Obviously it didn™t ..
When I went back, I started to break out more. I had a little acne (not moderate) but always one or two pimples on my face. 

I was like : « ok I will research to get rid of it all natural solutions and holistic. » 

i tried very healthy stuff like natural oil jojoba on my skin and manuka honey, aloe Vera...

No makeup, nothing agressive on skin..

Didn™t work..

6 month later, I started a diet which was very healthy and cured my gut problems : no dairy, no gluten, no sugar.

Work a little bit but still acne on my face but no pain.

I became very obsessive with my skin, never went out with friends to not drink alcohol, tried to have enough sleep. I was thinking of acne 24h/24. I was ALWAYS home.
One year later no change, I had he same diet but still pimples which leave a red pigmentation even if I didn™t touch them.

Now we are 2 years and half and i am starting to do meditation, yoga and even hypnosis and hope it will work. 

The main problem was when i realized 1 year ago that all the pimples leave a scar. I have very very shallow scars for every pimple I have and it is very depressing.

Since this, I realized I will never have my baby skin again and my acne will continue to scare if I don™t stop it. Feeling hopeless

What is horrible for me a that I tried everything and I don™t know the cause !! I was the healthiest during years!!

I just wanted some support here because in almost 3 yo i never talked to anyone of this.
And I want to know also if someone managed to get rid of his very shallow scars..

Thank you (sorry for my English I am French ;)

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 10/24/2018 5:06 pm

Hello in France!Sorry youre dealing with this! Its the worst.
I commend you for living a healthy lifestyle, but most of us need medical attention.
Due to its potential (and numerous) side effects, Accutane is known as the drug of last resort. However, dermatologists prescribe this drug when patients are beginning to scar. There are many different opinions online about the drug, but for me it was worth taking the course and knocking out my acne for good. By getting on the drug soon enough, I was spared from severe scarring. There are of course other medications to consider. Have you been to the dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 10/25/2018 7:28 am

Hello @okmichelle and thank you for replying ! I am actually thinking of going to a Dermatologist because of the poor healing of my skin. I regret so much not to have been earlier :( 
But at first I was SURE to cure it with avoiding gluten and dairy and healthy lifestyle but no, not for me.. 
I want to go back 2 years before so much, life is very hard right now.
Finally acne is nothing, scars are the worst.
Mine are very shallow and i have to concentrate on the positive ! I think yoga and meditation really help
I really hope they will find a cure treatment in several years, someday.. 

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 10/25/2018 7:46 am

I am a yoga instructor and sadly, its never done anything for my skin. I needed medication. Scarring can always get worse so I urge you to take action now. Best wishes to you.

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 10/25/2018 8:03 am

Very sad to know that. A lot of people was helped with meditation and all stressless methods..
thank you very much !