Notifications
Clear all

Is subcision good for shallow not anchored rolling scar?

MemberMember
(@carter77)

Posted : 09/30/2018 9:50 am

Hi, do you think subcision is good for this type of scar? if I stretch the skin I can barely see it so I don't think it's anchored.

Thanks a lot

5bb0e2e32acf1_2018-09-3012_09.38(2).jpg.ad48608c891ccf15bdd1d7a1f24e42bf.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/30/2018 9:55 am

I don't see anything in the pic that is a depressed pit. It must be very shallow. You can get some "soft" HA filler if you wish, spot peel the area to soften the borders. I can't tell quite well as scars make shadows - flashlight, ... is this fat deficient or something between the smile lines and cheeks, ... if so subcision and filler could help.

If your main issue is loss of volume, filler is the best option.

Carter77 liked
MemberMember
(@carter77)

Posted : 09/30/2018 10:07 am

3 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

I don't see anything in the pic that is a depressed pit. It must be very shallow. You can get some "soft" HA filler if you wish, spot peel the area to soften the borders. I can't tell quite well as scars make shadows - flashlight, ... is this fat deficient or something between the smile lines and cheeks, ... if so subcision and filler could help.

If your main issue is loss of volume, filler is the best option.

Yep it is but I can clearly see the shadow it makes in the mirror.
So subcision (with not permanent HA filler) may help with fat loss even if there is barely any tethering?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/30/2018 10:38 am

Subcision will give some improvement, ... the HA filler if replaced by your body will also give some improvement. Down the line Bellafill if you like the results, ... don't start with permanent until you know this works for you (filler). Permanent filler permanent problems. You can dermastamp the area for some stimulation as well at home, spot peels will work on the surface texture to soften. I would not do laser or anything else, ... as your complaint is volume.

Carter77 liked