Notifications
Clear all

TCA for box, if pick and rolling scars

MemberMember
(@ebiescarboy)

Posted : 09/18/2018 4:18 am

Hi guyz. I'm new to this forum. I've been reading a lot lately on the best treatment for acne scarring. I would say I have mild to severe scarring having dealt with cystic acne for about 8 years. I read alot about needling but many people have said they noticed little to no improvement. Personally I think TCA treatment at home is best for me since I'm still studying and can't afford laser and dermabrasion ECT. Any advice on how I can start. I've posted some pics.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/18/2018 11:09 am

Needling aka miconeedling can give some improvement if teamed with acid peels at home (alternating - one treatment per month). Also using retin-a/tretinorin/differing cream nightly.

But it's all about the type of scars treatment is tailored to. If you have indented scars with some fat loss you need subcision and or filler.

How you start peels and microneedling is in the FAQ - top post of the acne scar sub, find the acid peel mega post, ... instructions are in there.

I think for someone who has minimal money, and time, Derminator at home, acid peels, and some subcisions once per year are not that much money and a good basis. Latter down the line if you need more you can do filler, lasers, rf needling, etc...

BA