Notifications
Clear all

Can I use hydroquinone after I stop peeling from a TCA peel?

MemberMember
(@danielan)

Posted : 08/27/2018 7:55 pm

About to do a TCA peel of 30%, after I have determined that my skin does not react negatively with this percentage of TCA and has healed rather quickly. I was wondering if after stop peeling from the peel itself if it would be okay to use a 2% Hydroquinone & 10 Glycolic AHA cream to help with hyperpigmentation that has been on my face years before I even started my chemical peel, this is of course if my skin is not sensitive, swollen or redness is worsened after the peeling from the TCA peel. The cream I puke be using is from Alpha Skincare, and it does not have any peeling agencies or chemicals.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/27/2018 8:49 pm

Give it at 3 weeks to a month. You don't want to stop collagen production.

You don't want to use any exfoliants after a peel, no BHA / AHA until your completely healed 1 month to 1.5 months. You exfoliated your skin with time there will be new layers. What you don't see under the skin is the body will renew the skin layers in the next 2-3 months.

BA

MemberMember
(@danielan)

Posted : 08/27/2018 10:37 pm

How about I just use a hydroquinone cream, with no ahas, bhas? I was told by a licensed esthetician that if I use this after the peeling process is done and if I have no sensitivity going on with my face it could help even out the discoloration , is this true? I do know its very low, only 2%, dermatologist perscribe 4%

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/29/2018 5:04 pm

"Wait" as I said above, ... you still stop healing. Start as I mentioned above after you heal. Of course you use it for hyperpigmentation.