Notifications
Clear all

Help suggesting best treatment route for acne scars

MemberMember
(@duckfighter54)

Posted : 08/09/2018 9:26 pm

Hi,

I suffered from cystic acne for 6 years and have many scars as a result of it. I live in Canada and accessing a good dermatologist has been a challenge. I recently had went to a derm and he recommended 4-6 fraxel treatments for my "diffuse scarring". Im wondering if this is the route I should take and I have not tried any scar treatments at this point.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

IMG-1615.JPG

4.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/09/2018 11:21 pm

It's hard for me to tell if your scars are truly scars or not from your pictures. Truly atrophic scars will leave a shadow on your face when you look at them in indirect lighting. If they are pitted a good place to start is subcision and fillers. The good news is you have a lot of redness that will fade with time and your skin will look better. There is also a quick fix for redness, the v-beam laser.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/10/2018 1:15 am

Your scars don't look too deep, but they're accentuated by the redness and hyperpigmentation. It causes any shadowing to be magnified even more. I would do several sessions of Vbeam to fade the redness and then reassess the true depth of your scars.

In general, I think subcision and fillers would help to elevate the wider rolling scars and revolumize your mid face. There is some slight facial fat atrophy from the scarring. That also worsens the look of scars because they cause shadowing.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/10/2018 11:55 am

While one pic, cannot help with the best recommendation (need a few and to see shadows)...Another Can poster, ... we get a lot. They all complain about the Dr selection and the treatment not being very good 😉 No you do not want to do fraxel treatments, ... that is a standard treatment for a Dr who knows nothing about scars and uses a name brand to sell you. No you probably need a combination of cannular subcision for the pits w/ HA filler, space it out 3 months appart, ... rf mironeedling 3 months apart and you have this in Can, ... Then do another subcision after the 3 rf needling, looks like you might need tca cross work for icepicks, ... can't tell for sure, several are needed, then a resurfacing procedure like erbium laser or peels