Notifications
Clear all

Advice on acne scars

MemberMember
(@lavishhopper)

Posted : 05/27/2018 4:55 am

Hey, my acne has finally cleared up, but it left behind some scarring. I was wondering if I could get some advice on treatment. Preferrably something that you can do at home, but I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance guys!

Right cheek:

20180527_114319.thumb.jpg.1a935b1f643bf9e8a815b7a527573164.jpg

Left cheek:
20180527_114303.thumb.jpg.14cf203ff2b49076ac541e6972186b9b.jpg
20180527_114248.thumb.jpg.6be4269bc692f6539962e135e1323446.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/27/2018 5:17 am

You mainly have tiny box cars and icepicks that need tca cross. Checkout the FAQ, TCA section, click the link (mega post) and find tca cross. Note you have ethnic skin, please do a test on one or two of them and dilute the acid per the instructions first. Also they can stay red for months so you may need some concealer, .. let the scabs stay on as long as possible. Do not treat them if they are nearby or they will join (rotate).

[Link removed]

MemberMember
(@lavishhopper)

Posted : 05/27/2018 6:09 am

On 5/27/2018 at 6:17 AM, beautifulambition said:

You mainly have tiny box cars and icepicks that need tca cross. Checkout the FAQ, TCA section, click the link (mega post) and find tca cross. Note you have ethnic skin, please do a test on one or two of them and dilute the acid per the instructions first. Also they can stay red for months so you may need some concealer, .. let the scabs stay on as long as possible. Do not treat them if they are nearby or they will join (rotate).

[Link removed]

Thanks for the quick reply, so what should I do for the nearby scars, treat them at separate times?
Also I read that you should apply a triple antibiotic after, but we have strict regulations on antibiotics over here(Sweden), so I was wondering if it's a necessity?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/27/2018 6:37 am

Nearby: Yes, You rotate treatments. Meaning you treat some, ... let them heal, and then treat the others.
But please spot test first. I get so many freak out posts. You will turn red (PIE) as the area heals. So makeup is good. It does take several treatments.

Some of the areas may get wider as the floor of the scar raises. At the end you will spot peel the cheeks or get laser resurfacing. We are morphing the scar from icepick/ tiny boxcars to surface rolling scars. Then we work on texture. Please see a professional if it starts to get to complicated for you. Dr Emil is in Denmark.

No you do not need triple antibiotic. Strataderm I believe comes from Switzerland which is pretty good, La Roche makes some products, or Biafine.

MemberMember
(@lavishhopper)

Posted : 05/27/2018 7:02 am

23 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Nearby: Yes, You rotate treatments. Meaning you treat some, ... let them heal, and then treat the others.
But please spot test first. I get so many freak out posts. You will turn red (PIE) as the area heals. So makeup is good. It does take several treatments.

Some of the areas may get wider as the floor of the scar raises. At the end you will spot peel the cheeks or get laser resurfacing. We are morphing the scar from icepick/ tiny boxcars to surface rolling scars. Then we work on texture. Please see a professional if it starts to get to complicated for you. Dr Emil is in Denmark.

No you do not need triple antibiotic. Strataderm I believe comes from Switzerland which is pretty good, La Roche makes some products, or Biafine.

Okay, I will make sure to spot test first, thanks a lot for your help.