Notifications
Clear all

scar advice please

MemberMember
(@ivan-christian-leogmail-com)

Posted : 02/08/2018 7:09 am

i'm 29 yo but i still have acne problem & i have keloid skin too. i already went to 3 or 4 doctors, all of them said laser, fraxel or similar treatments will trigger keloid.. so i cant try those.. what should i do to fix my scar. yes i know 100% back to normal is impossible.. i dont mind even just 30%. i cant stand these scar. advice please.. thanks in advance

P_20180208_171251_SRES.jpg

as you can see i have many scars, very big pores, and several reddish spots. i think i should fix that red & big pores first then the scars.. what should i do??

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/08/2018 8:24 am

I think you still have some hyperpigmentation going on cos your a bit red.you need tca cross as most of the stuff you got is ice pick or very small boxcar,tca cross is best treatment at this moment in time for you,stay away from laser!
:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/08/2018 11:54 pm

Anything will trigger your keloids, it's how you heal - a auto immune like response.

A doctor could use laser on you but they would have to do steriod drips or put you on a steriod to avoid the keloids. They also can inject the keloids if you get them with steriod.

Goto someone with lots of experience in scar revisions and specifically keloids.

Have you tried TCA Cross on your icepicks to see if you keloid? You could try it on just a few.
Filler and subcision could be done under your skin by a skilled practitioner.
You could also try a tca peel(s) and see how you go under a experienced practitioner.

hope (?) liked
MemberMember
(@ivan-christian-leogmail-com)

Posted : 02/09/2018 4:51 am

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Anything will trigger your keloids, it's how you heal - a auto immune like response.

A doctor could use laser on you but they would have to do steriod drips or put you on a steriod to avoid the keloids. They also can inject the keloids if you get them with steriod.

Goto someone with lots of experience in scar revisions and specifically keloids.

Have you tried TCA Cross on your icepicks to see if you keloid? You could try it on just a few.
Filler and subcision could be done under your skin by a skilled practitioner.
You could also try a tca peel(s) and see how you go under a experienced practitioner.

my doctor suggests me to try peel.. too bad i didnt ask him what kind of peel. i dont know if it is TCA or what..

i know the doctor don't perform TCA cross, dunno why.. does it mean TCA peel better than cross? i will ask him what kind of peel later, or should i suggest him to perform TCA peel instead? no dangerous for my keloids?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/09/2018 5:31 am

Depends what bugs you most right. To me I see lots of pores and icepicks, ... to you it may be the filler and subcision will be better for the fat loss under the bigger spots.

Peels alone will do nothing. TCA Cross (they use a toothpick or syringe) goes into the pore and lifts the floor. Several treatments are needed. Higher percentages of acid are used. Peels are for the surface only, .... like when you make a cake and frost it, the cake must be done first. It's for texture.

Your doctor does not sound experienced with scars. I would find another one who does Cross or a med spa. If you want to go the DIY route read the FAQ I linked below, goto tca section, then click the link and read the whole first page. I do not advise it as you have Keloids and darker skin but if you have no other option that is there for you, right.

[Link Removed]