Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling after subcision with filler

MemberMember
(@neofight)

Posted : 12/05/2017 6:46 pm

Calling on people's logic and intuition...

I am about to at-home microneedle (derminator 9-needle), and I'm about 4 months removed from a Juvederm XC filler in both cheeks and 3 months from subcision of about 8 scars in both cheeks with Restalyne Lyft filler.

Does anyone think microneedling at home at home at max 1.5mm will disturb the filler?

IIRC, some dermatologists do microneedling after filler injections, but I just want to be sure this is okay. I'm schedule for my next round of subcision on 2/1.

Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/06/2017 11:56 am

Your fine. Do your needling. Do not be overly aggressive pushing downwards. That is worse than the needling itself. IT should help stimulate the area for collagen. If your next sub is 2/1. Do the microneedling once a month going up to it and then get filled again and give it a break for 2 months just in case. TCA Peels are fine during this period.

NeoFight liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/06/2017 5:21 pm

But the real question is do you still want to get a subcision while you have the fillers? As I understand,Restalyne Lyftcan last up to a year.

MemberMember
(@neofight)

Posted : 12/07/2017 1:21 pm

Great point. For anyone in that position we have to trust the physician on that. For me, the filler was (probably) minimal because it was only used as a separator to prevent re-tethering. The amount used may (probably?) absorb fairly "quickly" over a matter of weeks rather than months or years.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/07/2017 1:30 pm

No often Drs miss some spots, or need to touch up. Some are able to say save the filler and they come in to top up for a follow up. You could not have had enough injected. Those who are overly athletic (gym) be aware this goes through filler quickly, and you may need botox with all the grunting faces done trough weight training. If the filler runs out in a few weeks, it hopefully should keep you from re-tethering. Many have it last up to a year or more. Yes it does act as a spacer for the body to replace. I get subcision done whenever I do filler (people don't realize it's only the act of releasing the bonds or if you have none just making a pocket for the filler. Many injectors subcise simply by doing filler with a normal needle, this is necessary early on for best results but others can use a blunt cannula or standard needle. Just different techniques.

What filler was used?

MemberMember
(@neofight)

Posted : 12/08/2017 12:09 am

I'm not too concerned, really. Main point is id like to stay somewhat aggressive in between subcision treatments. I had Restalyne Lyft from Dr Novick. He said he typically uses filler at the same time/same day as subcision, by the way. I know sometimes doctors have people come back a day or two after the subcision to get the filler.

MemberMember
(@motherofms)

Posted : 12/08/2017 2:52 am

13 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Some are able to say save the filler and they come in to top up for a follow up.

How long can it be saved once partially used?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/08/2017 12:31 pm

@motherofmsDepends on your doctor. Most doctors do not consider it sanitary and throw out the extra. If they are like this I would be like use the rest of the HA on my face now haha.

IF they do save it it's for a few weeks to a few months, filler can last much longer but can you imagine having all those peoples filler lying around waiting. They could be sued for bacteria issues too. Most likely if they save it, ... it would be a few days / week after for a touch up during your follow up appt after procedure. I would buy the smallest filler size possible, and build up as you need more (future). For many his is .5ml - 1ml.