Notifications
Clear all

anybody did TCA CROSS with Dr Rullan?

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 12/04/2017 2:39 am

Only Dr Ramson does TCA CROSS in the Bay Area, but he prices the treatment at $700, and he does not offer TCA CROSS officially until I asked him for TCA CROSS. I have also contacted Dr Rullan, he looked at my pictures and suggested subcision+TCA CROSS+deep micro needling right away. I have done subcision before, so I am comfortable with it. But I have not done TCA CROSS before, I am Asian, and I have seen posts from people saying their scars enlarged. My skin is very prone to scars. If I have any new acne on my cheeks, I get scars right after it..... I didn't get scars after subcision though. I am very afraid of TCA CROSS, but it seems like my scars are better responded with TCA CROSS because I have a lot of boxcar and icepicks. But I have not tried TCA CROSS before and I need to fly to San Diego to see Dr Rullan.
Has anybody done TCA CROSS with Dr Rullan? Could you give me any confidence?

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 04/11/2018 11:29 am

Hey did you ever end up getting TCA cross in the bay? If so, where!! :)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/11/2018 1:08 pm

On 12/3/2017 at 11:39 PM, byescar said:

I have not done TCA CROSS before, I am Asian, and I have seen posts from people saying their scars enlarged. My skin is very prone to scars. If I have any new acne on my cheeks, I get scars right after it.

First of all, technically, TCA Cross is meant for medium to deep icepick scars, not for boxcars. For those who have had poor experience, it's likely that it was done on boxcars.

Second, if you're scar-prone, namely suffering from impaired wound healing, then you have a problem with your immune system. This could be the result of host of things, among which stress (both mental/emotional and physical) and nutritional deficiencies are the biggest culprit. Are you getting enough protein? Enough Vitamins C and B-complex (especially B-6)? What about Zinc? You might want to start taking some of these dietary supplements.

MemberMember
(@grandor)

Posted : 04/12/2018 12:24 am

@Sirius Lee I don't know if we can deduce that there is an immune system problem due to poor wound healing.  Anecdotally, I've also noticed the same thing about my skin -- anything larger than the most minor comedo results in some skin damage / textural scarring. I am in fairly good health though, and aside from this, wouldn't suspect any issues with my immune system.

I'm more inclined to believe it's a genetic component -- I've noticed people with much worse acne get barely any scarring, where moderate acne scars me. Such is the luck of the draw :)

Would love to know if there's any literature / studies published on this phenomenon -- namely how "easily" one scars.