Notifications
Clear all

Do i need to do surgery if the scar is young ?

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/04/2017 1:24 pm

I am off accutane since 6 month so maybe my scar are note fully mature no ?

do i need to wait 2 years before do anything to my scar ? Maybe with Time and without do anything it will fill in

MemberMember
(@tano1)

Posted : 10/04/2017 4:58 pm

3 hours ago, Frenchscar said:

I am off accutane since 6 month so maybe my scar are note fully mature no ?

do i need to wait 2 years before do anything to my scar ? Maybe with Time and without do anything it will fill in

Scarring can fade, stretch, become better or worse with time.

At 6 months, your scar wouldn't be considered mature exactly. If it's hyperpigmented or red for example: it can fade some over time. If you exercise or the area of your scarring is constantly stretching or contracting, it can stretch over time.

The best thing you can do is keep your scar moisturized and away from the sun. If your scar is slightly raised (hypertrophic), then I recommend either a laser treatment or a silicone sheet. Minimize Embrace is a good silicone scar sheet and I personally have seen a friend's results using it on their hypertrophic scar to flatten and smoothen it out. It also keeps the scar moist and prevents it from drying out. If it's not raised however, just simply keep it moisturized and out of the sun.

By no means should you just jump into these treatments. Research all the advice given to you first before deciding on the next step to take.