Notifications
Clear all

Is subcision the best treatment for these scars? (pics attached)

MemberMember
(@downinthedms)

Posted : 06/12/2017 4:57 pm

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on this forum. So firstly, thank you all the members for all the valuable info here.

Luckily, I'm at a point where I do not suffer from acne anymore (Thank you Accutane, you miracle drug). 

After much research on this forum, it seems like subcision + suction/fillers, and/or microneedling seem to be the preferred route of treatment for depressed acne scars. But, at the same time I have read that subcision works only for rolling scars.

I was wondering if subscision would work for my scars (pics attached). If not, what would be the best course of treatment for these scars (microneedling, enerjet, skin graft?)

Also, I am based in Toronto, Canada but can also travel to New York if necessary. I compiled this list of doctors to check out. Anyone I should add/remove from this list?

GTA:

Dr. Benjamin Barakin

Dr. Paul Adamson

Dr. Collin Hong

NY:

Dr. Nelson Novice

Dr. George Yang

Thank you all! Your responses are much appreciated.

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/13/2017 12:44 pm

I would get subcision, I would get some filler done on the deeper pits. you have icepics going on and Need TCA Cross and TCA surface peels for texture. I see some PIE / PIh hyperpigemenation that needs addressing after your treatments are underway / done. This will take several treatments. I would buy a [removed] and start breaking up that scar tissue at home also some retin a / tretinorin/ retinoid (ebay) can help during the nights your not treating or healing.

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 06/13/2017 10:02 pm

@downinthedms

As beautifulambition mentioned, Novick is the best in NYC.

I heard Adamson is good.

MemberMember
(@downinthedms)

Posted : 06/14/2017 2:26 am

4 hours ago, keving100 said:
@downinthedms

I live in toronto too but i travel to US for treatments.
As beautifulambition mentioned, Novick is the best in NYC.
You may wanna try the derms in Toronto first before traveling to US.
I heard Adamson is good.

Thanks man! Have you done any procedures with Adamson? Also, which doctors have to been treated by in the US?

Further, do you know of anyone in Toronto who does TCA for ice picks?

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 06/15/2017 2:47 pm

@downinthedms

I have a lot more scars then you, about 50 scars to fix.

I didnt go to Adamson because he charges $250 for consultation, but I heard he is good. I assumed that his subcision treatment would be expensive too.

I didnt go to Hong because I heard he doesnt use tangential lighting to access the scars.

I went to Barankin, but he didnt recommended subcision to me, he wanted to do microneedling and profractional.

Dr Bargman do TCA CROSS but his reviews arent good

Treatments I got from US are:

2 x TCA cross from Michigan (Dr Jeffrey Orringer, he is expert with TCA CROSS)

some subcision+ filler from Dr Novick in NY (He is good but very expensive)

1 full face subcision from Dr Rullan in Cali (He is really good)

Since you dont have a lot of scars, I would recommend getting appointments with Adamson and Hong and pick one.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/16/2017 6:17 pm

Novick is a little pricy but you get what you pay for. I drive 2.5 hours to see him.

I heard Yang stopped doing subcision. Guess he sucked at it. He also likes bellafill which I wouldn't do.

MemberMember
(@downinthedms)

Posted : 06/16/2017 7:02 pm

42 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:

Novick is a little pricy but you get what you pay for. I drive 2.5 hours to see him.

I heard Yang stopped doing subcision. Guess he sucked at it. He also likes bellafill which I wouldn't do.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll be going from Toronto so its going to be around ~8 hours to see him. But, in the end for me price/time is less of a concern than the proficiency of the surgeon. The last thing I need is a botched up face due to a bad surgeon, just not worth it, especially on the face.

If you don't mind me asking, how much does he charge for subcision + filler? I assume it'll be case-by-case, but a ballpark would be good to know. I've sent him an email already so hopefully he replies soon.

MemberMember
(@roland1129)

Posted : 07/12/2017 3:26 pm

hey how's everything going with your scars? I am living in Toronto too and am also looking for a dermatologist.