Notifications
Clear all

Is this a perfect solution to acne scars?

MemberMember
(@jocosemother)

Posted : 05/26/2017 9:37 am

Hello everyone, I hope the title doesn't get your hopes up, I was just curious about a solution to acne scars that I feel would work very well. I suffer from about 90% ice picks and some boxcars. I don't exactly know how this would work for rolling and tethered scars.

My Plan:

1. Raise the ice pick scars and make them more shallow with 2-3 sessions of TCA cross over a 3-4 month period

2. Do full erbium laser resurfacing with CO2 as well (Dr Davin Lim), to take top layers of skin off and make more even. At this point the scars should be 40-70% gone or level, possibly more.

3. Give your skin time to heal, 4-6 months

4. Finish everything off with a deep modified phenol peel ( Dr Rullan). To provide 95%-100% level skin.

I understand this is a lot of trauma for skin to go through but if everything goes as planned, God willing, I don't see how this plan could fail. I'm just throwing ideas out there for anyone suffering from scars looking to get as much improvement as possible.

Please let let me know what you guys think of this plan and blessings to you all, thank you!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/26/2017 7:17 pm

For boxscars you need to do subcision. Laser doesn't work well for scars. Most doctors use radio frequency nowadays.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/26/2017 7:41 pm

You are going to have to re-evaluate after each treatment.

Start with subcion/tca cross, then consider playing with laser and/or microneedling. Microneedling can give a similar effect for less pain, cost, and recovery time. Lasers typically dont give a significant lift and are best used for texture. Consider vbeam too after your treatments to even out the color. Like I said, you cant say right now, in this thread, what treatment you will be best a year or two from now.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/26/2017 7:50 pm

My plan thus far combined with diet change,no fancy creams or suppliments.

3x tca cross carried out thus far to raise ice picks,3rd treatment carried out,2 more weeks to heal left out of 4.

tca peels of around 20% carried out for 2 sessions to see how skin handles and recovers.then just carry on tca peels till skin is where i want it adjusting strength accordingly.

no fancy anything,just raw tca peels and look after skin without going overboard on products.
:)