Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar Treatment for Sensitive Skin

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/10/2017 8:18 pm

I am very scared of chemical peels, because my skin gets very easily irritated by things, such as apple cider vinegar in clay mask, I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide, azelaic cream and tazorac makes me extremely itchy to the point of zero tolerance. Only lower % adapalene/retin-A gels for my oily skin are OK.

I have a derminator at home, but I am not getting the results I want. I've microneedled between 5 and 10 times, but I've noticed nothing more than a mild general skin improvement.

I feel like my only other option is subcision for my rolling/boxed scars and maybe TCA for my ice picked scars? I just don't want to burn my sensitive skin with things like lasers, which I also don't believe are very effective and cost way too much money.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/11/2017 4:04 am

Please goto a doctor, tell them you have overly sensitive skin, and everything you said here. Subcision with HA is your best best for those depressed scars. I want you to keep derminating / microneedling at home with 2mm length. They can do TCA cross on your ice pics, you most likely will need steroid creams for the redness and v-beam long pulse laser, excel, or yellow laser for the redness, or IPL / BBL.

Have the doctor or med spa do a test patch on a small area if you are set on TCA peels for texture . You will see the reaction and if you should continue. Insist on a test spot, please stand up for your rights.

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/11/2017 5:24 pm

I'll keep doing derminator about once a month at home, even though it seems pointless. I use 1.5mm as 2pm hurts too much and I can't even use the desentizing creams as I'm allergic to lidocaine as well. I mean it's only hives, so it's not like I can't tolerate them for a couple of hours, but I don't want to go through another allergic reaction. Maybe 1mm would be doable without desensitizing creams.

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/17/2017 10:14 pm

By how much do you think I'd see improvement with 1 subcision vs microneedling a whole year once a month on my own (1mm, fast speed, 5 min/cheek)? Isn't subcision something that I need to get sooner or later anyway as my scars are moderate-severe? They're noticeable from a 5-6 foot distance which probably means they're severe.
Thanks

On 3/11/2017 at 4:04 AM, beautifulambition said:

Please goto a doctor, tell them you have overly sensitive skin, and everything you said here. Subcision with HA is your best best for those depressed scars. I want you to keep derminating / microneedling at home with 2mm length. They can do TCA cross on your ice pics, you most likely will need steroid creams for the redness and v-beam long pulse laser, excel, or yellow laser for the redness, or IPL / BBL.

Have the doctor or med spa do a test patch on a small area if you are set on TCA peels for texture . You will see the reaction and if you should continue. Insist on a test spot, please stand up for your rights.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/18/2017 5:07 am

Subcision and filler will give you the most improvement, of course you cannot do that at home. The derminator is a at home treatment which can give you "some" improvement on a continual basis. They work together.

Keep doing the 1.5mm then, they have topical numbing creams on Amazon and ebay often called or tattoos, etc for pain. Your allergic to lido so try icing the area heavily first so it's numb, some people clove oil works, lookup natural numbing. Of course you can take pain killers like you would for headache.

You will see more improvement with subcision with filler than microneedling for a year... for pitted scaring. The tethers are holding down your scars, hence subcisionhelps a lot. Moderate to severe subcision will help, and microneedling will stimulate collagen. You cannot do acid peels you said so that is out. There are lighter peels like glycolic sold my acne.org's in the store.

Without a picture of the scars I cannot offer a more detailed answer. Acne scars are never one and done, they take multiple treatments of different things over time.

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/20/2017 5:33 pm

I made an appointment with one of the doctors you recommended :) 
By the way, I did a pineapple mask by simply blending a chunk of fresh pineapple and even though it stings my face, it's bearable and gentle enough for frequent use.