Notifications
Clear all

How can I treat these very bad acne scars

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 02/18/2017 5:25 pm

[Edited image out]

I was thinking

V Beam laser for the redness and microneedling for the scars (to be honest there isn't much scar...it's mostly redness and brown spots)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2017 1:11 am

If it's redness it's not scars, it's PIE left over from the acne. V-beam or vascular laser would be the best treatment for you. It can take 3 - 10 of them. IT would normalize them to your skin color helping alot. You could also have someone else microneedle after that if you wish or I came up with a way a guy could dermaroll himself w/ a mirror using tape on a stick with the roller on the end, as the back area is hard to reach. Your doctor may use kenalog steroid with a co2 laser as well to remodel.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 02/19/2017 9:36 am

Thank you very much for the reply!
You're right that's it's mostly redness and brown spots but in the lowest part of the back it's also scars

I'm doing IPL laser now for the redness but it doesn't help much, my dermatologist said that the best treatment is v-beam laser but he doesn't have it in his office. Do you know roughly the price of it?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2017 9:56 am

Your not in the USA, Prices vary wildly. It's about $300 and above in the US. In Europe I would imagine them more Euros. You can get this kind of thing done in a med spa, and it's cheaper than a doctors office. This laser is not as dependent on the doctor as say resurfacing. Sometimes they run specials. IPL takes 10 treatments. Keep that in mind and yes it may not be strong enough for back skin, or they may have a less effective machine. Vbeam can take 3 to 10 treatments, But they can turn up the fluence aka power, and turn down the spot size, how much it covers to get it to be stronger. I highly suggest you tell your doctor you want strong treatments and bruising is ok, otherwise they will go weak with more treatments and less downtime.

I am sure you can find doctorsmuch better than me, here is a site, it's mainly US based of Italian Drs.

https://www.realself.com/find/Italy/Pulsed-Dye-Laser

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 02/19/2017 5:08 pm

Thank you! Just one last question...do you think I can use retin A on my skin (face and back) and have v-beam laser treatments at the same time?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2017 1:49 am

No you must discontinue whenever your having laser at last 1 to 2 weeks before.