Notifications
Clear all

Types of Fillers

MemberMember
(@novai95)

Posted : 12/16/2016 7:15 pm

I have been offered these 4 types of fillers for my scars. Which one should I choose? I have mostly tethered scars (do not disappear when skin is stretched).

Radiesse

Voluma

Restylane

Juvederm T

To my understanding these are all temporary and my scars would go back to looking the way they are now after a few months. Is this correct?

If you have any experience with these fillers, please share. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/16/2016 10:47 pm

This is discussed in the FAQ below.

Even tethered scars when stretched between the fingers will show improvement,if they do not, filler will do very little. You need subcision definitely or it does noting to improve your scars.

Juvederm Lyft / Perlane is best, Voluma is too thick for superficial injection. Volbella is also good if injected superficially. For fat loss sculptra is helpful. Restylane doesn't last.

IT depends on your type of scarring how "temporary" they are. They can last several months, to a few years. If you have complete fat loss underneath, you will need to top up as nothing is there to hold the filler. If it's sandwiched in the scar in the middle dermis, it could last a few years, to being permanent. With repeated treatment, collagen and scar tissue is made, longer times are needed for treatment. We don't recommend here, but Bellafill is a lifelong filler made of fiberglass balls, of course this is not natural like HA found in our skin. With age we loose fat and our face changes regardless.