Notifications
Clear all

Scar feels softer after Microneedling

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/05/2016 9:12 pm

I had my first session of microneedling done at a plastic surgeons office 2 days ago. The nurse went 1mm deep. It hurt, caused pinpoint bleeding, and my scar is a little more pink than it was before. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it feels like my scar is softer than before. It's still very indented, atrophic and wrinkly looking,but feels like it might move a little better. I don't know if this is simply due to the filler dissolving or if this is just in my head. I'm praying that I'll see some improvement.

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 08/06/2016 11:00 am

It's definitely too early to say. It could be microswelling and most probably is. One thing though, was this RF microneedling like Infini or was it just regular needling? If so, why won't you order a DIY device which is the same thing plus it's cheaper.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/06/2016 11:34 am

4 hours ago, somethingsomethingagain said:

It's definitely too early to say. It could be microswelling and most probably is. One thing though, was this RF microneedling like Infini or was it just regular needling? If so, why won't you order a DIY device which is the same thing plus it's cheaper.

it was just a regular pen. I'm not sure if I trust myself needling and I don't even know where to begin on what device to order.

dont get me wrong, the scar still looks horrible and it hasn't changed one bit. It just sort of feels softer. It's actually looking more atrophic and jello-like. All the swelling is completely gone. I hope I'm not making it worse!

MemberMember
(@depressedandscared)

Posted : 08/06/2016 4:07 pm

you have to give it a few weeks to heal to see improvements, keep us updated on how your scars or looking. i plan on starting microneedling myself but i still have a few cystic pimple, im going to start as soon as they go

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/21/2016 4:58 pm

Well it's been almost 3 weeks since my first microneedling treatment. I haven't noticed any improvement. Zero, zilch, nada. The scar looks the exact same. I have a horrible feeling that this is going to be another failure.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 08/22/2016 1:26 am

3 weeks and one treatment is way too soon to judge. Give it at least three treatments. I know you're impatient and it sucks but you are just going to have to wait it out..

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 08/22/2016 3:49 am

Youre not even 1/20th of the way to a "dramatic" improvement.

You should see some level of difference after about 3 treatments, but I just want to warn you your scar will still be visible at that point.

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 08/22/2016 5:28 am

I did 2,5 mm dermapen on my scars and bad texture. The strange thing was that some plasces felt like they where hollow or empty under the first two skin layers. Like there is no connection to the underskin and the needles went through easy. .

Anyway I did a good session, used Vaseline sprayand when it dried medical honey and some petides . The honey did antoher wonder on my skin.
Not only didit promote healing, works as a scaffold, keeps it moist. It has essential minerals and feeds the skin. Works antiseptic,extracts bacteria. I kind of massaged it after it closed.

I am never doing dermarolling without honey again. Skin looks much healthier now I can see that on the long rundermarolling can help with certain scars even skin texture.

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 08/22/2016 5:44 am

12 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:

Well it's been almost 3 weeks since my first microneedling treatment. I haven't noticed any improvement. Zero, zilch, nada. The scar looks the exact same. I have a horrible feeling that this is going to be another failure.

you could try dermapen yourself it is a process that can take months years.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/22/2016 4:42 pm

I understand that it's a long process and requires more than 1 treatment but I would have expected to see something after 1 treatment. If each treatment does something, wouldn't it be realiStic to see some minor progression after each treatment?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 08/22/2016 11:51 pm

At best you would see a minor change. What makes microneedling a good scar treatment isnt necessarily its overall effectiveness, but instead its cost effectiveness and safety compared to other options.

Have you asked your doctor about combining treatment with PRP? Ive never used it but doctors rave about how it boosts the results. If he can do it youd have nothing to lose.