Notifications
Clear all

How to prevent a depressed scar in my forehead

MemberMember
(@mariemom)

Posted : 07/27/2016 7:22 am

Hello. This is the first time I have posted on this forum. I've been suffering with acne for 8 years now, ever since going off the birth control pill to start a family. My acne couldn't be aggressively treated during most of this time because I was pregnant and breast-feeding. After giving up 100% of dairy products, my skin cleared up for about 2 years. I thought I was done with acne and back in January I pursued my first scar revision treatment (INFINI) and saw some small and gradual improvement in my scars (mostly on my cheeks). I recently went back on the birth control pill but due to all of my hair falling out, I went off and suffered another severe breakout. I am currently on Spironolactone and Aczone.
I had a pimple on my forehead that was the biggest, deepest pimple I've ever had. I didn't pop it but after getting out of the shower yesterday, the skin broke on it and now it's left a large and deep crater in the middle of the forehead. I went to the dermatologist last night and she did conservative steroid injections to bring the swelling down. There is still a hole today. I absolutely cannot deal with any more holes in my face. Please please help me. What can I do to prevent a large, depressed scar in my forehead? The doctor said to put on Vaseline and nothing else and don't touch it. It still look so bad and I am very very depressed. Please help. Please. Is there anything I can do to prevent further scarring?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/27/2016 10:15 am

2 hours ago, mariemom said:

Hello. This is the first time I have posted on this forum. I've been suffering with acne for 8 years now, ever since going off the birth control pill to start a family. My acne couldn't be aggressively treated during most of this time because I was pregnant and breast-feeding. After giving up 100% of dairy products, my skin cleared up for about 2 years. I thought I was done with acne and back in January I pursued my first scar revision treatment (INFINI) and saw some small and gradual improvement in my scars (mostly on my cheeks). I recently went back on the birth control pill but due to all of my hair falling out, I went off and suffered another severe breakout. I am currently on Spironolactone and Aczone.
I had a pimple on my forehead that was the biggest, deepest pimple I've ever had. I didn't pop it but after getting out of the shower yesterday, the skin broke on it and now it's left a large and deep crater in the middle of the forehead. I went to the dermatologist last night and she did conservative steroid injections to bring the swelling down. There is still a hole today. I absolutely cannot deal with any more holes in my face. Please please help me. What can I do to prevent a large, depressed scar in my forehead? The doctor said to put on Vaseline and nothing else and don't touch it. It still look so bad and I am very very depressed. Please help. Please. Is there anything I can do to prevent further scarring?

The only thing you can do right now is keep it out of the sun. Maybe you could get Botox as it heals to prevent your forehead muscles from sketching it out worse.

topical treatments won't do jack shit.

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 07/27/2016 12:35 pm

Vaseline is the best, had a huge wound on my cheek two weeks ago,i paniced for 3 days and kept it moist.luckly Vaselineleveled it out. Drink lots of water some vitamin colored vegetables and protein

early dry scabbing is the worst.

mariemom liked
MemberMember
(@mariemom)

Posted : 07/27/2016 4:45 pm

Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate it.

So, the inflamation has gone done amazingly since last night and since the derm injected the conservative amount of steroid. It is still red, though, and there is still a hole, although the hole has filled in and raised amazingly since last night. it was a massive oval-shaped depression and now it seems to be filling up. Again, there is a hole but much smaller than the trauma last night. I took a photo and then erased it because it was making me ill.

Here is what I've done so far after the injections. I slept with Vaseline on the wound and a Band-Aid. In the morning, I showered with a Band-Aid so that water would not hit my skin too hard. During the day I kept the wound exposed to the air. I took some Vitamin C supplements and drank a lot of water and ate a lot of organic fruit. I kept makeup off of my face all day and hid in the house. Around 3:00 today, I did need to go outside briefly, so I put on some Neosporin and a Band-Aid and a hat. Right now I have nothing on the wound.

I have collected the following products and I'm wondering what to do at this point to try to protect my skin as it continues to heal:

1. Vaseline
2. Neosporin
3. Emu Oil
4. Mederma - this says wait until the wond closes anyway so I can't use it yet
5. BP and hydrocortisone combo cream (Vanoxide HC)

What should I put on my skin tonight? Should I continue with the Vaseline and Neosporin combo?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/27/2016 5:00 pm

19 minutes ago, mariemom said:

So, the inflamation has gone done amazingly since last night and since the derm injected the conservative amount of steroid. It is still red, though, and there is still a hole, although the hole has filled in and raised amazingly since last night. it was a massive oval-shaped depression and now it seems to be filling up. Again, there is a hole but much smaller than the trauma last night. I took a photo and then erased it because it was making me ill.

Here is what I've done so far after the injections. I slept with Vaseline on the wound and a Band-Aid. In the morning, I showered with a Band-Aid so that water would not hit my skin too hard. During the day I kept the wound exposed to the air. I took some Vitamin C supplements and drank a lot of water and ate a lot of organic fruit. I kept makeup off of my face all day and hid in the house. Around 3:00 today, I did need to go outside briefly, so I put on some Neosporin and a Band-Aid and a hat. Right now I have nothing on the wound.

I have collected the following products and I'm wondering what to do at this point to try to protect my skin as it continues to heal:

1. Vaseline
2. Neosporin
3. Emu Oil

What should I put on my skin tonight? Should I continue with the Vaseline and Neosporin combo?

Thank you!

To be honest none of these topical treatments will prevent a scar. Mederma is garbage and I'm appalled that the FDA allows this to be sold as a "scar treatment". It is completely out of your control and will ultimately depend on how your body heals. Trust me, as I speak from experience. I got a deep cut to the bone on my forehead. I panicked like you are and tried all kinds of topical remedies, silicone/taping sheets, scar massage, and oral vitamins/exercise to promote good healing. None of this worked. My scar healed disfigured and now I'm trying to get it to a point that I can live wth.

your wound does not sound as severe as mine was so you probably have a better chance than I did but the only thing you can do proactively at this point is to keep it from getting infected, keep it out of the sun and pray.

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 07/27/2016 6:09 pm

1 hour ago, scarredandsad34 said:
To be honest none of these topical treatments will prevent a scar. Mederma is garbage and I'm appalled that the FDA allows this to be sold as a "scar treatment". It is completely out of your control and will ultimately depend on how your body heals. Trust me, as I speak from experience. I got a deep cut to the bone on my forehead. I panicked like you are and tried all kinds of topical remedies, silicone/taping sheets, scar massage, and oral vitamins/exercise to promote good healing. None of this worked. My scar healed disfigured and now I'm trying to get it to a point that I can live wth.

your wound does not sound as severe as mine was so you probably have a better chance than I did but the only thing you can do proactively at this point is to keep it from getting infected, keep it out of the sun and pray.

Vaseline tricks the wound that it is still fresh and aids the bodies nutrition's.

1 hour ago, mariemom said:

1. Vaseline
2. Neosporin
3. Emu Oil

Thank you!

Nice to help.

Vaseline tricks the wound it is still fresh. Try to prevent it from scabbing to much. A wound becomes a scar after +7days .