Notifications
Clear all

silikon 1000 microdroplet technique

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 07/07/2016 5:04 pm

Anyone know where you can get silikon 1000 microdroplet injections done? Europe preferably but I suppose I could fly to Singapore or New York worst case scenario. Also, please anyone who has done it can you volunteer some info (cost/side effects/improvements)??

With all the research I have done, this is the only thing that could permanently fix scarring.

However, there is the risk of having a bad physician but if they have good reputation it should be fine. Also, you can try it on one scar first and then come back if it works to do the rest.

Any comments appreciated! There is not much about silikon micro-droplet injections around here...

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 07/07/2016 5:33 pm

Yes, sadly this is the only option to get some decent (not great) results.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 07/08/2016 2:16 am

Thanks for the info!

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:30 am

BeautifulAmbition, Do you know if there is any talk of this Ellanse "E" injection being done soon here in the U.S. ?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/08/2016 8:10 am

Have to point out that Silikon 1000, which is an officially US FDA approved medical grade silicone is available in the US. It is not illegal, but not approved as a dermal filler. It is approved for retinal detachment, but physicians use it off-label LEGALLY, as a filler. Off-label means that a physican can use a legal product but in ways that were not studied or approved.

For example, botox is approved for crows feet, but obviously physicians use it all over the face off-labelly.

There is actually some quite extensive discussion of Silicone microdroplets but you have to go back 10 years on here to find those discussions. Who knows if that content is still even on here.

I will just say that with permanent fillers, you really have to use them judiciously, and only on the deepest scars. Don't use them for shallow scars or for all your scars. They are unpredictable in the long term.

Since you are in Europe, I would caution you STRONGLY to avoid Bio-alcamid or Aquamid. Those are notorious permanent fillers that have caused significant disfigurement.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/09/2016 2:28 am

14 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
BlahBlahBlah I know what off label means haha. I maybe should have used a different term to reply. Why do so few doctors do this procedure, because its not safe. Dr. Emer in LA ued to do it until he was sued. It is up to the doctor in the doctor in that case to take on liability, the company will not support their usage in off labeled ways. There have been many claim (lawsuits) which have been brought against drs who perform dermal facial silicone treatments. It's a big no no in the industry. You should hear the things they say about the doctors (hacks, fraud). Did you know doctors used to use candle wax in peoples faces as filler, I am sure that's off label as well and can cause many poor side effects. The FDA will not approve it a a dermal facial filler, that says something about a product that has been along for a long time.

When you use something off label you set yourself up for litigation and the snub from the medical community who says this is not a good treatment. Sometimes this is good and many doctors do the same thing, but not in this case with Silicone. Drs used to use Silicone in the 70s on many actors in hollywood, they had to cut it out of their face if there was any problems. Most doctors will not do a facelift or other procedures if you have Silicone or artfill / bellafill (which is FDA approved). IT provides complications to the patient and the doctor for after treatment. The beads or silicone glob can end up on strange parts of the body. Look on real self patients complaining about it in their eye, it moved to their throat and even to their chest.There have been countless studies which have shown silicone is not predictable and a perfect surface for biofilms / infection, the skin encapsulates it and you get fibrosis, grandulomas bumps and scar tissue.

If you say to avoid "STRONGLY to avoid Bio-alcamid or Aquamid, " the same bad things happen with silicone, their is a history of poor results / side effects.

But it is your face not mine, there are those who inject all sorts of substances, its the patient that has to live with it afterwards PERMANENTLY. Foreign body reaction to injected substances is a thing. Our skin is a organ it grows constantly, it sags, things move, things change, and it thins as we grow older. Use substances such as H.A. fillers that the body already produces naturally.

You are right, I should have read your post a little closer. I can see what you were intendingto say. I just wanted to clarify to other readers who may not understandthis nuance. There are current members here who have done slicione micro droplets, and so I wanted them to know that what they had was legal and to not cause alarm. There's a distinction from illegal and not FDA approved, to the more nuanced one which is Silikon 1000 is approved however for a totally different use and used off-label much like botox. Read up on the FDA Modernization ACT of 1997.

didn't take any position on it or advocating it in anyway. I was just making a factual statement about how it is legal to use. It's just an objective statement, not an endorsement. In my post I stated that permanent fillers are"unpredictable,"just like you did. It's not a choice for me to make, rather I was just offering information and the decision is ultimately with the individual. Every time I have ever talked about permanent fillers in the past, I ALWAYS mention the long terms risks of granulomas, scarring, unpredictability. I have never advocated them, I have merely talked about it from a research / academic perspective. I'm not sure where in my post it came off like I'm advocating it. At most I said, if the individual makes that choice, they need to be judicious.

It comes down torisk management. If you are willing to take the risk, you have to manage that risk. In that link that you posted to the other thread discussing siliconeIt , and which I contributed to,I explicitly laid out precautions that should be considered if you go the permanent route to manage risks.

But ultimately again, that's not my choice to make and I have never advocated it.

The reason I stated "strongly avoid bioalcamid and Aquamid" is because those are the most widely known and used permanent fillers in Europe. There was a strong likelihood a doctor would have suggested those if she asked for permanent fillers, since she is in Europe.

Again, my entire post was a dispassionate, objective, factual post. At no point in my post did I advocate or imply that I am for it.

I did find the tidbit about Dr Emer interesting. Where did you find out he was sued for silicone injections?

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 07/09/2016 3:32 am

In all honesty I think it's safe to say that fillers are probably the way to go if you want fast long lasting results. There's no arguing against it. I've been looking into Ellanse e and i don't know why it isn't widely known and available, I mean, in theory it's way better than both restylane and radiesse, right? Also it isn't permanent and can be removed if anything goes wrong, but permanent enough to last a whole 4 year period so even if it's done far away it would only have to be done 4/4 years, looks like a great opportunity to visit Paris >_< 

MemberMember
(@vieras)

Posted : 06/27/2017 10:19 am

I would not recommend Silikon 1000. Take a look at these horror stories:

http://botchedsilikon1000.wordpress.com/

Munchkini liked
MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 07/01/2017 1:56 am

I've had Silikon injections in August 2016. To this date, no complications and I'm very happy with the results. I'm tempted to go for another round but kinda scared that I will get complications from too much of this filler in my face.

So I feel like its safe if you are modest with the amount they inject in you.