Notifications
Clear all

Please Identify my Type of Scarring.

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/04/2016 9:46 pm

Hi can anybody tell me what kind of scarring this is and how I could make it better. Some of this is from a bad break out about a year ago. However a lot of the scars are from blackheads that formed into scars without me picking or anything. I can't believe this happened to me please help.
20160704_222224.jpg20160704_222028.jpg

Scars mostly just form on my face from blackheads. I dont inderstand what the fuck

MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/04/2016 9:51 pm

you have mild ice pick scarring. you are a perfect candidate for tca cross

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/04/2016 10:06 pm

Thats the worst type of scarring0 to treat right? Can I get a good improvement? People say they can hardly see it but I feel like alot of people lie to me especially my parents.

MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/04/2016 10:48 pm

41 minutes ago, mynameisacne said:

Thats the worst type of scarring0 to treat right? Can I get a good improvement? People say they can hardly see it but I feel like alot of people lie to me especially my parents.

yea they do the same thing to me..they say they can hardly see it to me to. theyre lying, because other people don't have this crap.i used to be very good looking and now we are screwed. I actually think your scars can be treated well because its the same type of scar spread across both cheeks

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/04/2016 11:05 pm

Yeah they just want to lie to me. My parents should of took me to a dermatologist years ago.

MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/04/2016 11:10 pm

yeah e fucked. I wake up everyday and think about my scars 24/7. there is no point living like this. ive been thinking aBOUT ENDING IT ALL NUMEROUS TIMES..ITS SAD BECAUSE people with normal skin do not understand the pain, they say get over it and its no big deal

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/04/2016 11:55 pm

I thought this forum was more active. Any more replies? Trying to get more input I would much appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 07/05/2016 12:00 am

Read up on TCA cross. Be extremely careful with high strength (70-100%) TCA though, maybe start with 50% TCA for cross with a dermatologist. This isONLY for performing cross, 25-35% TCA is theMAX for afull facepeel and starting point for full face peel is 10-15% TCA.Your active acne must be completely under control before treating scars. Also, watch these videos for some idea of potential improvement:

Would be agood idea to also get some topical retinoids (retin-a, tazorac, etc.) from a derm or purchase from an onlinepharmacyfor applying to active acne, blackheads to help prevent futurescarring.

After TCA cross, microneedling (Derminator, dermastamp) might be something to look into...

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/05/2016 1:40 pm

Anymore input? Did anybody ever have these types of scars?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 07/05/2016 4:08 pm

16 hours ago, Scarface65567 said:

yeah e fucked. I wake up everyday and think about my scars 24/7. there is no point living like this. ive been thinking aBOUT ENDING IT ALL NUMEROUS TIMES..ITS SAD BECAUSE people with normal skin do not understand the pain, they say get over it and its no big deal

Can you stop this? This is really unproductive. If you need help then you should find that not try to make other people upset. Stop talking about suicide it is not alright that you spread this kind of talk to someone who need supportive help.

Your scarring is not that bad, but of course you want to seek some treatment. TCA cross and dermastamping along with Retin-A. Can you get Retin-A from your doc? Also exercise a LOT. Run every other day for 30-60 minutes. You are young so you have a shot of having your skin regenerate.

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/06/2016 3:24 pm

Thanks for thr input. Im gonna ask my doctor for retin A and benzoyl peroxide. Also I have ordered Selevax Scar Cream. Is it possible that a good amount of the scarring will fade in time? I exercise and run everyday.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 07/06/2016 4:15 pm

They aren't bad, bro. Nobody would ever think "holy fuck this guy is scarred badly" they would barley notice or care.

Retin A 0.025% (3 -4 times weekly) for acne and collagen remodeling, and a monthly 20% TCA peel (during winter months, where you can afford to be outside less) for smoothing things out. Add dermaroller 1.5MM for extra synergy, another collagen-boosting mechanism.

I would advise against benzyl peroxide. Dries the skin out, used as a bleaching agent, it's a fucking EXPLOSIVE in high enough concentrations.It's not going to make your skin more aesthetically pleasing whatsoever. Retin-A is the only topical you need for any active acne, it wiped mine all out and makes the skin glow.

Some important advice: Do not be one of those weirdo shut-ins who avoids the sun at all costs and sits indoors slathering on sunscreen like some people here. No socially popular athletic/desirable male with good, glowing, healthy skin does any of that garbage. They are outside playing sports with the boys in the sun and maximizing Vitamin D and testosterone production, eating good food, lifting weights, etc.

Some stuff to skim through below.

TCA + Dermaroller + Subcision:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

Vitamin D - Acne:

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/Acne

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/No+“+10+minutes+per+day+of+sun-UVB+is+NOT+enough

Zinc - Acne:

Antioxidants play a critical role in keeping skin healthy. The antioxidant benefits of vitamin C and E are well known, but the importance of the trace mineral, zinc, has been overlooked. This article reviews the evidence supporting zinc's antioxidant role in protecting against free radical-induced oxidative damage. Zinc protects against UV radiation, enhances wound healing, contributes to immune and neuropsychiatric functions, and decreases the relative risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. All body tissues contain zinc; in skin, it is five to six times more concentrated in the epidermis than the dermis. Zinc is required for the normal growth, development and function of mammals. It is an essential element of more than 200 metalloenzymes, including the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase, and affects their conformity, stability, and activity. Zinc also is important for the proper functioning of the immune system, and for glandular, reproductive and cell health. Abundant evidence demonstrates the antioxidant role of zinc. Topical zinc, in the form of divalent zinc ions, has been reported to provide antioxidant photoprotection for skin. Two antioxidant mechanisms have been proposed for zinc: zinc ions may replace redox active molecules, such as iron and copper, at critical sites in cell membranes and proteins; alternatively, zinc ions may induce the synthesis of metallothionein, sulfhydryl-rich proteins that protect against free radicals. No matter how they work, topical zinc ions may provide an important and helpful antioxidant defense for skin.

Most teens are deficient. Tell your parents to stock up on steak and eggs. Good luck.

giphy.gif

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/06/2016 7:43 pm

Thanks guys i been trying drinking green tea its been helping some. What can i do to clear the blackheads on my cheeks and or stop them from becoming scars?

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 07/06/2016 9:52 pm

2 hours ago, mynameisacne said:

Thanks guys i been trying drinking green tea its been helping some. What can i do to clear the blackheads on my cheeks and or stop them from becoming scars?

Retin-A should take care of that. Maybe occasional light chemical peelslike salicylic acid, which is soluble in oil and can exfoliate oily pores.

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/09/2016 1:34 pm

Anymore
Input?

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/10/2016 9:26 pm

I Just got Selevax scar cream Has anybody seen results with this?

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/30/2016 6:56 pm

What kond of retin a is good to get over the counter?