Notifications
Clear all

Accutane=Zero Acne ,but LOTS of SCARS ?

MemberMember
(@ponason)

Posted : 05/29/2016 2:11 am

Hi guys

I've noticed many here, after finishing accutane got rid of acne, but were left with scars. Myself, included.

Do you think accutane directly does something that makes the skin scar-prone ? By thinning it ? Because I think that's what actually happened to myself. Before accutane acne didn't leave ANY scars, but after accutane many pimples left scars even if UNTOUCHED.

Discuss.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/29/2016 4:03 pm

this seems to happen to me .. i dont know about pre accutane but now after two courses every pimple leaves a scar even when i dont touch it

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 05/29/2016 4:37 pm

I'm not taking accutane, but a similar substance that works by thinning the layer of skin aka tretinoin, 0.025% to be exact. And I've noticed the same thing. A simple purging break out is now left PIH and it's really disappointing as I've been taking all the necessary precautions, haven't touched/popped them, wore sunscreen :/  It's incredibly disheartening. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. IDK about you but I feel as if scars are worse than acne, because you just never know when they will go away :/ Right now I'm continuing with the tretinion but only after applying a layer of moisturizer to my skin beforehand. 

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/29/2016 5:08 pm

ugurl im 100% sure your skin is fine if you call red marks scars .. those are not true scars