Notifications
Clear all

What topicals to use after dermarolling

MemberMember
(@orgrimmar33)

Posted : 05/07/2016 9:55 am

This question has been probably asked a lot but has anyone found any effective topicals to use on scars after dermarolling. Heard retin-A might be too aggressive to use in conjunction with dermarolling. Vitamin C or hylauronic acid maybe? Vitamin e? Just need some opinions on what worked for you to give me an idea of where to start. 

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/07/2016 4:04 pm

6 hours ago, Orgrimmar33 said:

This question has been probably asked a lot but has anyone found any effective topicals to use on scars after dermarolling. Heard retin-A might be too aggressive to use in conjunction with dermarolling. Vitamin C or hylauronic acid maybe? Vitamin e? Just need some opinions on what worked for you to give me an idea of where to start. 

personally i think vitamin c makes me break out because it can clog the pores. I would say you should have it made professionally, because there are many fake dermarollers too with the wrong needles. But to answer your question hylauronic acid is the most used ingrediens in masks and serums after the treatment. So hylauronic acid + a good moisturizer will do the job

MemberMember
(@orgrimmar33)

Posted : 05/07/2016 10:32 pm

6 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
personally i think vitamin c makes me break out because it can clog the pores. I would say you should have it made professionally, because there are many fake dermarollers too with the wrong needles. But to answer your questionhylauronic acid is the most used ingrediens in masks and serums after the treatment. Sohylauronic acid + a good moisturizer will do the job

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer! Yes professionally of course, not worth the risk. Heard nothing but good about hylauronic acid.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/08/2016 3:26 am

4 hours ago, Orgrimmar33 said:
Thanks for taking the time to read and answer! Yes professionally of course, not worth the risk. Heard nothing but good about hylauronic acid.

You're welcome - i don't know why it is so dead in here.

Yes hylauronic acid is good, but it only works if it is sealed with a moisturizer. Another good thing is a peptide serum, because it makes skin build up collagen too.

So i would say
1) put 100% hylauronic acid on the skin after the dermarolling treatment
2) use a peptide serum
3) good moisturizer, that won't clog the pores (but not with AHA's because the skin will be too sensitive)

MemberMember
(@snuggs)

Posted : 09/17/2016 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I used my dermaroller for the first time this evening. 1.0mm
I used Oz Naturals Vit c w/hyaluronic acid and over that I used GHK-Cu Copper Peptide w/EGF
What I wonder is should I have just used one of the other?
Also, what is a great moisturizer to use, and how long do I wait to use it? I have Ponds for sensitive skin, but I'm not sure I should use that.

Thanks so much!